Help please! My 8320 curve will not ring. I have the profile set to loud and all that happens is it vibrates. I did notice that if I put my ear up to the speaker I can hear the ringtone. I also can play music and hear music, so I don't think the speaker is shot but it doesn't seem to be real loud even if the setting is up high. I did notice that no sound comes out if I have it set to speakerphone, I only have used it in handset mode so I don't know if it should play in speakerphone or not.
    05-11-11 11:57 PM
    What happens if you try the Normal Profile? Profiles come with default values, but those can be changed. It's possible, for example, to change all the alerts in Loud to Silent. If you don't have a hardware problem, you'll likely find the profile settings don't match the name. Loud may not be loud, in other words.

To check for a hardware problem, go to Options / Status and type the letters t e s t. You won't see them echoed on the screen, but when you type the last t, you'll be prompted to run the internal self-test. You can run the entire suite, or just the audio functions. Audio tests the mic, handset, speakerphones, and headphones.
    05-12-11 06:09 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion, I tried it and I heard sounds during the test. I'm wondering if there's a way to reset everything. I tried removing the battery and re-inserting but that didn't help. It's strange because I can play my ringtones and activate them. When the phone rings it does vibrate, but still does not ring.
    05-12-11 10:44 PM
    Have you tried a Battery Pull yet?
    05-12-11 10:46 PM
    what is the ringone volume set to?
    05-13-11 08:40 PM
    Not sure where to go to see the ring volume. I just know there's different profiles and I have it set to loud on my 8320. Is the ring volume different than the volume bars that can be adjusted in the media app?
    05-13-11 10:39 PM
    Ok. Let's start here. Switch the sound profile to normal, and try calling to see if it rings. Then try "phone only" and see if it rings.

Let us know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-11 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD