Hi -

i just moved to chicago, extended my contract with tmobile and bought a curve (after breaking the screen on my beloved 8700). My problem is that reception seems to be terrible no matter where i am (even in places where the crappy nokia i was using in between would work fine), calls sound tinny and the phone deletes things like my call log, text messages and emails at will. I also can't seem to get it to work as a tethered modem even though the guy at the store assured me it would work. (i followed the directions found in another thread, but without much lick). It also seems to access my email unreliably, even when it shows 5 bars of service and i reconcile my mail. I am a freelancer and having a reliable phone with email is a necessity.

The way I see it my options are: a) trading in the curve for an 8800 (although i am unsure if the phone quality is better) b) getting the screen fixed on the 8700 and returning the curve c) switching service providers (an unlikely option given the price of terminating my contract and the price of verizon's services

I am open to any and all suggestions!

thanks!
    05-06-08 06:01 PM
    forgot to note that the battery life is terrible. lasts less than a day without much use! my 8700 would last 3 days when it was new...
    05-06-08 06:14 PM
    If your signal is constantly low that is whats draining the battery.
    05-06-08 06:18 PM
    By the way if you just entered into the contract with TMO you should be able to cancel. I left them because of signal issues and got a Curve from ATT and haven't had amy issues.
    05-06-08 06:20 PM
    no he has a memory leak
    try search forum
    options>status>file free
    05-06-08 06:32 PM
    I would try a replacement phone. CS should understand and replace it NP. If you still have issues after that cancel if it's within 30 days.
    05-06-08 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD