I use the BB Dimension Today theme. This theme shows you your next 2 appointments in your calendar on the home screen. It's been fine for months, but on Thanksgiving day I added a friends birthday, all the way out in May. Once I added it, that's all I saw on my Home screen. I deleted the appointment, and still, my next 2 appointments would not appear. I have appointments in there almost every day, and depend on seeing them on my home screen so I know where to be and when! I tried syncing, I tried wiping my calendar using the backup feature, I tried selecting "all" calendars in calendar options. If I add a new appointment, it shows on the home screen. My other appointments are all still there if I open my calendar, they just won't show! I upgraded to 4.5 a last month, but I'm sure I put calendar entries in since then with no trouble. It was just that one entry on Thanksgiving day, and it's been FUBAR from there! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    12-15-08 09:41 AM
    Have you tried a reset (of the alt-rshift-delete variety)?

If not what about wiping the device?

Or switching to a different theme and then switching back?

just a couple suggestions

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 09:56 AM
    Have you tried a reset (of the alt-rshift-delete variety)?

If not what about wiping the device?
    Absolutely unnecessary and should only be done if all other options have been
    exhausted.
    12-15-08 09:58 AM
    A wipe was my next step. It's a hassle, but I don't know what else to do? Tried switching themes, taking out the battery, etc.
    12-15-08 10:00 AM
    I know that, but it looks like it may be coming to that judging by what has already been done. Did you read what had already been done or just my reply?

12-15-08 10:00 AM
    I know its a hassle but if you backup everything but calendar it may help to start the calendar completley fresh.

Also have you used Google Sync to keep your calendar backed up? That way if this happens again or whatever may happen, you have a copy.

12-15-08 10:02 AM
    Since this has only been happening since the end of Nov. how
    about deleting the duplicate entries in Outlook, clearing your
    calendar database again and then re-syncing.
    12-15-08 10:09 AM
    Here is what I've figured out so far. All my entries that I entered prior to Nov 27 are marked under send as "device default". I have 2 email addresses that goto my BB. When I put in a new entry, it gives me the option of selecting one of those email addresses to send the appointment to someone. I think this may be a new feature with 4.5. If I go into BB options and change my default email address from one tot he other, it shows only events marked under that respective email address. I suspect the problem is related to this new field when I enter an address, and the theme I'm using. I can't see any option to modify the theme to select all calendars. If I open my calendar, I can select an email address, or "all calendars", but this doesnt affect what the theme displays on the home page. From my BB, there is no way to edit the email address the event falls under, I'll have to see if I can from outlook.
    12-15-08 10:32 AM
    I upgraded to 4.5 yesterday and my today theme is all jacked up now. It does not show anything under any header. I rely on seeing my calendar entries on the home screen too! Does anyone know if we can just buy a new theme for the phone that shows multiple entries on the home screen?
    05-15-09 11:31 AM
    I got this...

This is what you need to do...

Hook your blackberry up to your computer. Go to Backup/Restore, then Advanced and delete your calendar databases. I am assuming (yikes) that these events are on your Outlook calendar, yes?

The "Device Default" will become active once you resend your service books to the phone - and any entries listed under the email address will be moved to device default - because when you resend service books, the email address is technically deleted for a split second.

Once the calendar is cleared on your phone (from the BB Desktop Manager), make sure all entries are in your Outlook Calendar on your desktop that you want copied over.

Once they're there - sync it up and you should be set to go...
    05-15-09 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD