The other day my blackbreey curve 8330 from sprint has been acting stange. I have my phone set to vibrate 2 twice and than play my ringtone however my phone vibrates twice and than an alarm sounds and than my ring tone witll play and it does this on emails and text messages too. I have check and recheck the setting and no ware is this alarm tone even set for anything in my phone. it is very anoying and its starting to **** me off that i cant get it off and someone please help me with this problem i would apperactie it alot thanks alot
    06-26-08 02:31 PM
    I haven't had anything like that happen with mine but have you tried taking the vibrating off, turning the phone off and on and then resetting to vibrator. Maybe it just needs a little nudge. I haven't had my 8330 very long but have had some odd things happen that just required turning it off and on. Sometimes removing the battery for 60 seconds helps also.

Worth a try I guess.
    06-26-08 04:21 PM
    ill try that thanks for the help
    06-26-08 06:11 PM
    thanks for the help but it did not work i even tried to deltle the alarm ring tone but is a perloaded one and it can't be deleted
    06-26-08 06:15 PM
    Haven't had any issues like you describe. Just a thought does it happen on all calls or just at a certain time each day? If a certain time check your alarm to be sure its not set.

You can always try a device wipe to reset you Berry back to the factory settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 06:46 PM
    i have no idea on how to do that wipe reset that u siscribe and it happens evey time i get a message a text meassage a phone call i even tryin to set the phone not to ring on silent mode and it still does this anyoneing ring i have tried eveything i am at my wits end with this looking for all the help i can get
    06-27-08 02:07 PM
    Every single event has its own alert.

There's one setting for calls, SMS, PIN Messages, Enterprise Messages, etc.

Actually, there are two settings for each. One setting for "in-holster" and one setting for "out-of-holster."

Go to "Profiles" and then "Advanced" and you'll see the mind-numbing number of choices. Confused yet? You can also set different rings to different people in your contacts book. Again, one each for holstered & un-holstered.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

--Qfg
    06-27-08 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD