i am starting to wonder if i should have keep my old phone. Apart from not being to use my apps, my bb is now rebooting on its own will. i have no idea why this is happinging. i was rying to find a thread with this info but didnt see any for my bb. help me please.
    09-29-09 11:11 PM
    Mine does the same thing so I did a hard factory reset and now its all ok. Now my issue is I backed up my contacts on my old computer and I have reinstalled my OS, so all the stuff is on my slave drive, anyone know how to retrieve my contacts? What is the file that stores your backup in the desktop software?
    09-29-09 11:14 PM
    Like for example in Outlook, you would recover the PST file to load up your old emails and contacts, what's the file I look for in Blackberry????? where is it????
    09-29-09 11:14 PM
    how do i reset and will it do any changes as my bb is from sprint and was flashed to metro pcs.
    09-29-09 11:16 PM
    If you have a memory card in the BB try taking it out to see if your rebooting problem goes away.

A corrupted file/filesystem on the card can cause freezing/lagging/rebooting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 02:11 AM
    Also seems kinda weird if I would set mine down a bit to hard or shake it it would turn off! What I discovered was the lil foam on the battery cover was the issue. So I went and got some of those lil round felt stickers and put one under the cover and it fixed the issue

09-30-09 02:53 AM
    If you have a memory card in the BB try taking it out to see if your rebooting problem goes away.

A corrupted file/filesystem on the card can cause freezing/lagging/rebooting.

I hope that is my problem. As of yesterday morning, my phone seems to reboot itself 50% of the time when I receive a sms message. I did a battery pull last night, but it still happens. I am now doing another battery pull, but if it doesn't help this time I will remove my memory card.

wish me luck
    09-30-09 06:21 AM
    I hope that is my problem. As of yesterday morning, my phone seems to reboot itself 50% of the time when I receive a sms message. I did a battery pull last night, but it still happens. I am now doing another battery pull, but if it doesn't help this time I will remove my memory card.

wish me luck
    How old is your BB, more specifically, how old is your battery?

A battery that is going bad can have a bad cell and indicate an adequate charge. However, the BB will reboot when a radio intensive operation is encountered (data, browser, call,etc).

To test, plug your BB into a charger and send an SMS message to the phone, also test to see if the BB reboots or shuts down when you receive a call both off and on a charger.
    09-30-09 06:30 AM
    The BB is less than a month old, original battery. The rebooting seemed to start after I made my own ringtone and uploaded it to my memory card. So that may just be the issue. I did delete it from the card to see if it would fix but nothing.

If it does wind up being the card, would re-formatting it fix it or is the card itself junk?

Thanks!
    09-30-09 06:34 AM
    Reformatting the card should fix the issue.
    09-30-09 06:46 AM
    Reformatting the card should fix the issue.
    Ty for your quick responses, it's nice to see some people are so eager to help those in need.
    09-30-09 06:56 AM
    Glad to help. Hope it fixes your problem.
    09-30-09 07:10 AM
    So far it seems the second battery pull did the trick. I've received and sent roughly 15 sms messages without a single reboot. Only time will tell I guess.
    09-30-09 08:18 AM
    Mine self-rebooted last night but everything is up and working fine now.
    09-30-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD