I need some help. I tried to install Vlingo on my bb curve and when I did so, it gives me an error message when I go to open the file. The error states " error starting 'vlingoforblackberry_en: class' net.rim.device.api.ui.decor.background' not found "

Any help or suggestions?
    07-15-09 11:35 PM
    Uninstall, reboot, then reinstall?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 11:40 PM
    how do you un-install it? There isn't a delete option when I bring up the menu for it.
    07-15-09 11:46 PM
    Options > Advanced Options > Applications

Highlight the program, click the menu button and select delete, then follow the prompt to restart handheld.

On a side note, what version are you trying to install?
    07-15-09 11:50 PM
    Which one do I need to install?
    07-15-09 11:52 PM
    Up to you but if you're downloading the newest free version, I'd highly recommend a look at the following link instead:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/i-h...s-them-223605/

The old version allowed voice text to any cell phone, the newest version only allows texting to other BB's. I'm just sayin...the files are there should you like to go that route.

I have the original and it rules. Newer version not so much unless you buy it for $17 which then includes the unlimited texting again.
    Last edited by iowabowtech; 07-16-09 at 12:02 AM.
    07-15-09 11:55 PM
    Okay I'm not trying to be stupid but I just got the bloody thing tonight. Might you have a direct OTA link for the 2.0 version?
    07-16-09 12:16 AM
    Okay, I downloaded the newer one for now but my question still stands. I would love to have the 2.0 instead of having to buy Vlingo+. Thanks in advance!
    07-16-09 12:37 AM
    Here's the system for loading via your computer:

Clear the newer version first. Download the zip file (to desktop to make it easy) and unzip into an .alx file and a .cod file leaving them both in a single folder. Connect your BB to your computer and open Blackberry Desktop Manager. Open Application Loader. Once everything that's currently listed on your BB shows up, click 'browse' and navigate to the folder containing the .alx and .cod files you just downloaded. You will only see the .alx at this point. Double click it and follow the steps to procede and load it to the phone.
    07-16-09 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD