Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie, and I need your help with configuring my Curve for use with multiple internet email accounts.

I had to wipe my Curve. I access 4 separate internet accounts, and before my Curve was wiped, the incoming mail would go into separate folders (is this the right term?), so that on the desktop, I had what looked like 4 separate message application icons, and I could view mail from each account individually. This was great!

After the wipe, I set up my email, and now all of the mail is going into one message folder, and in the upper left hand corner, under the battery icon, I have small mail folder icons showing the number of unread messages. I don't like this configuration.

When I accessed the Internet Setup Wizard, the accounts were listed, so I just selected "Edit" to update them. Should I have deleted them and and created brand new email accounts?

In the message list, I selected Options\General Options\SMS and Email Inboxes "Separate", but this didn't help.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    10-09-07 11:33 AM
    I believe the default setting would have one message folder that would bring all new email from all four of your email accounts into the one folder so that you can get all mail in one place. But you should still have a separate folder for each email account you created. When new email comes in it should be in your individual account icon as well as the catch all one described above. This would allow you to only read email from on account for example. By using the menu button, experiment with move, hide, and show all to put your icons where you want and to hide/shoe them. Some of your account icons may actually be hidden now if you can't see them. Check "show all" to restore them. The setting you marked as "separate" will sort emails from text messages.

Hope this helps.
    10-10-07 04:03 AM
    Maxberry is correct, that is indeed the solution i used. I also found it more convenient to have just one folder so other apps icon can be seen.
    10-10-07 07:40 AM
    Thanks guys! About an hour after I posted, I solved the problem. I deleted the email accounts and rebuilt them as opposed to "editing" them. Once I rebuilt the accounts, the additional folders appeared, and now everything is working perfectly!

Thanks for responding!!!
    10-10-07 06:47 PM
    I have a similar problem and the advise to moptomist didn't really help.

I set up my yahoo email account on my blackberry and thank goodness there is a separate folder for that. Additionally there is the general inbox that shows all email (from yahoo and my work email). However, I don't have a folder that shows my work email only...HOW DO I SET UP A SEPARATE FOLDER FOR THAT?

I checked the move, hide, etc. and there are no icons hidden.

Thanks for your help and expertise.
    10-24-07 03:02 PM
    My BlackBerry is an 8700c if that matters.
    10-24-07 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD