Hi there, just a few quick questions...

1) I have a T-mobile Blackberry 8320 from the US that I'm using in Canada with a Rogers SIM card. For some reason, the Blackberry Messenger application that everyone uses their PIN numbers with isn't installed on my phone already. I checked to make sure it has the most updated software, and it does. I tried going to the blackberry.com/messenger website and installing it with a USB cable, and it says my device doesn't support blackberry messenger. Does anyone know how I can get it to work?

2) Do I need a data plan to use this messenger?

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    02-21-08 12:59 PM
    I believe you need to have a data plan and if you don't that could be part of the problem. I don't understand the part about the Pin numbers you mention.
    02-21-08 01:37 PM
    Don't you need Blackberry Messenger to send messages to someone's PIN?
    02-21-08 02:36 PM
    Blackberry Messenger is like a chat program on your PC (ie. AIM, ICQ, etc..). You set up your contacts, who also have a BB, to be able to instant message them. As for the PIN messages; each contact you have you can put their PIN in their contact record on the BB if they have one. To send a pin message to one you would go to the contact in your address book, click menu, then choose PIN message. I am not sure if PIN messages require the data plan or just a messaging plan.

Now, back to the Blackberry Messenger - this should be included already on your Blackberry and if it's not you need to connect your BB to the computer, run the Application Loader in the Desktop Software and you should be able to reinstall it there.
    02-21-08 02:46 PM
    It may not show up on the BB if the customer doesn't have a data plan. You can't use it without a data plan anyway.
    02-21-08 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD