so things were fine untill this am then all of a sudden a get a call and cant figure out why the ring tone channged. hmm go check my ringtones and the tone is there but I get " an error has occured attempting to play media" all of my song pics, ringtones are there but I cant access them. I pluged the card into my puter and did the scan thing it said no errors were found. Plugged it bag into the phone and still getting message. I then tried to follow directions to reformat as a last resort but there is no option under advanced setting for media card. Ack someone tell me what to do please! I dont know how it can just all of a sudden have a brain fart hahaha
    06-27-09 01:33 PM
    ok figured out how to format but I get "media card Format failed" now what?
    06-27-09 01:38 PM
    ok I got it reformated via my computer but I have a bigger problem now, kinda how it started I see my mp3's on my computer under blackberry but I dont see them on my phone what is gogin on?? It still says on my phone as media card canno be read verify the media card is formatted?
    Anyone
    06-27-09 02:19 PM
    Do a battery pull: Power on, take battery out, wait a minute or two, reinstall battery.
    06-27-09 02:22 PM
    IF you have done this is it one of two things. Bad reader in the phone or a bad sd card.

This happened to my wife last weekend. I resolved in this way.

Was able to read and move everything off the sd card to the computer. I was able to format the card in the phone. Once this was done it of course re-did the folders on the sd card. From the computer I used mass storage and placed everything back in the right folders. Has been working fine since.

I know you said you could not format it in the device, but since you got formated in the comuter, try the phone again
    06-27-09 02:23 PM
    this is driving me nuts! Its so weird that it happened out of no where. I dont think its the card becasue I see the files on it from my computer. I still cant format on the phone. SO what are my options? I know the card is capable of storing the stuff is on there but I can access it from the phone. Once I formated on the computer I reloaded some things on the card, did a battery pull and it still showed that the card could not be read. Is my phone never gogin to read cards again?
    06-27-09 02:33 PM
    If you have your data on the computer, and formated in the computer, try a format in the phone. If this now works then put your data back on the card from the computer. If this does not work, try another card.

ECHO!
    06-27-09 02:36 PM
    Yes is formated in the computer, the card cannot be formated on the phone. I do not have another card to try only the one that came with it. If it cannot read that card will it read another one? IM sorry if I sound dence but I hate to spend money on another card if that is not the issue, I would think if I were unable to format in on the computer the problem would be the card but since I can is the phone not the issue?
    06-27-09 02:41 PM
    I got insurance on my 8GB SD card, that's all I have to say. =D Oh yeah I just use it to store pictures, since I love photography. I also love the camera on my 8330.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Tripster; 06-27-09 at 02:44 PM.
    06-27-09 02:41 PM
    ok tripster?? I dont have a warrenty but the phone is only 2 months old and this just happened all of a sudden. Dang I was all excited that I could use it as an mp3 player loaded all my music got one use then this. Should I assume its the phone then? I guess I can try the card in my husbands phone when he gets home and see what happens
    06-27-09 02:48 PM
    Well you might just have a lemon phone, what I mean is a defective phone. What happens is Blackberry doesn't want to hurt their name and respect so instead of calling a recall they will sell those lemon phones to carriers and have them give them away for free or sell them for very cheap. I had a defective 8330 and got a new one and works like a charm.

06-27-09 02:57 PM
    I jut got it from sprint once they returned to the store from getting that upgrade for pic messages? So is there a sure fire way to figure out what the problem is? Thanks for the replies
    06-27-09 02:59 PM
    Another card is the cheapest and less pain of a way to go. If it is not the card, then return it. no harm no foul. This is about the only way to rule out the device or card.

I will tell you now that a tech (which i am) will tell you to try this and will even have wipe the device.
    06-27-09 03:01 PM
    So you gave your phone to the reps at sprint and they upgraded your phone for you? I'm a lil confused, I'm on VZW, I don't like Sprint cause they tried to screw me over royally with a bill payment issue.

06-27-09 03:03 PM
    No they didnt upgrade my phone for me, it was when they pulled all the remaining curves for an upgrade. I received mine the day they came back. I will try getting another card and see what happens. I guess if its my phone im screwed with no replacement plan huh?
    06-27-09 03:06 PM
    If the phone is less then one year old they should replace it at a repair center.
    06-27-09 03:09 PM
    You still should have the std. 12 mo. warranty from RIM, whether or not you have a replacement plan. Isn't that just another name for insurance?
    06-27-09 03:10 PM
    Yeah your screwed without that, also goto radio shack and get another card from there and ask for the replacement plan when you buy your new SD card, its for a year and is just 5 dollars extra. =D

06-27-09 03:11 PM
    Oh yeah I got my 8GB SD from RS and only cost me 25 dollas with the replacement plan.

06-27-09 03:13 PM
    Tripster, you may want to read their posts. It sounds like the MicroSD card is fine and the card-reader in their 8330 is dead. If it works in the PC, it might be the phone causing the problem.

A $5 warranty on a $10 piece of hardware wouldn't save anyone from this.
    06-27-09 03:15 PM
    Tripster, you may want to read their posts. It sounds like the MicroSD card is fine and the card-reader in their 8330 is dead. If it works in the PC, it might be the phone causing the problem.

A $5 warranty on a $10 piece of hardware wouldn't save anyone from this.
    Well no but instead of buying a whole new card I will get a new one for free, if my card fails or whatever. That also means if my card-reader fails too. I don't need to send my phone to RIM ever if anything fails or it becomes bricked cause my friend can fix it since he is a tester for blackberries. =D I love his 9630 tour he has, that mfer. Lol

06-27-09 03:20 PM
    well I bought anothe rSD card at radio shack just formated it and it will not work either. I made sure to make folders and dropped some music into it. They arent showing and the phone still shows under media card that the card cannot be read, that it needs to be formated. So is it safe to assume its not this first card or this card I just bought but the phone?

If so where do I go for reair? do I have to mail the phone to RIM for repair and be without a phone?
    06-27-09 06:37 PM
    No, you take it back to Sprint. RIM deals with the carriers not with you.
    06-27-09 06:52 PM
    thanks for the replies but im screwed I went to sprint and apparently without my knowledge my phone was exposed to moisture and this is why it happened (find it weird that that is the only problem, and how it could get mouisture damge without me knowing) anyway we just signed the contract like 3 months ago so I dont know what to do. I can buy another phone but Im nervous to buy used and I dont know if sprint will make me sign another extention to activate it. I posted on the sprint forum but na yet.
    06-27-09 08:52 PM
    Ok so I'd decided to just use the phone till it dies. But one thing is bothering me can I downlaod ringtones without saving them to the media card? I had a nice load ring loaded and the ones that come with the phone are too low foR m to hear? Please say there is a way! Thanks

06-29-09 06:08 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD