Hello all! I have bought a 8300 and when I received it some things were deleted. Two themes(now I can't get custom themes to work), also voice notes and voice dialing were deleted. Is there some way to get them back? Maybe redo the OS? Other than that it works awesome it is truly a great device!
    09-23-08 05:11 PM
    To my knowledge you will need to download either your current OS or a newer compatible one, install it to your computer, then open DM and hook up your BB. DM should recognize the OS and then give you a screen that you can select which apps to load.

I think voice and voice dialing aren't supported on the 8300 until you upgrade to 4.5.

This link will show you want wasn't supported on your device that is now supported on OS 4.5

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software
    09-23-08 05:24 PM
    What do you mean were deleted? Like your phone never came with them installed?
    09-23-08 05:24 PM
    Exactly what I'm thinking, how did they get deleted? But if so, yes u need to reload your operating system, keep the voice dialing, and erase only the themes u don't want, be sure not 2 erase the deminsion themes as u will need those 4 other themes 2 work. Follow the link above or go to the how 2 section

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 05:27 PM
    Thanks for the help everyone! Reinstalling the OS is what I had thought.
    09-23-08 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD