I am trying to help my wife do a backup-wipe-restore on her 8310 to get rid of a missed call indicator that won't go away by other remedies. I just want a "for dummies" version of how to do it, so that I don't lose any address book or other critical info from her phone. She has no 3rd party apps, so there is no problem there. Help!

Last edited by 25sam16; 12-17-08 at 12:52 AM. Reason: specify phone type - bb 8310
    12-17-08 12:50 AM
    Just letting you know I've read this, but can't help you out. I saw no one has answered you yet. I'm pretty new to BB and I've never had to do a backup-wipe-restore. The 101 should take you step by step through it though. Also your Title/Subject to this thread doesn't help people really get an understand on what specific help you need. Maybe something like help with OS Wipe/Restore...too late for this one can't rename it but careful of your wording. It can help people know what you need and help in the long run with forum searches.
    12-17-08 01:09 AM
    Back up device on Desktop Manager and then disconnect from DM when completed. Your address book will back up as well.

To wipe device, go to Options > Security Options > General Settings > Menu > wipe handhelp > type in the password "blackberry"

Reconnect to DM and then restore your back up. Hopefully the missed call icon does not show back up from your reinstall of your backup.
    12-17-08 01:25 AM
    I am trying to help my wife do a backup-wipe-restore on her 8310 to get rid of a missed call indicator that won't go away by other remedies. I just want a "for dummies" version of how to do it, so that I don't lose any address book or other critical info from her phone. She has no 3rd party apps, so there is no problem there. Help!

I don't know what other remedies you've tried but that happens to me occasionally and a reset or a battery pull always seems to do the trick for me.

If that is something you've already tried, Garz got you.
    12-17-08 06:28 AM
    Ive always gone into the advanced section of DM to clear the calls database, Ive only ever had one stuck icon that for the life of me would not disspear, so I cleared the database and voila, it was gone
    12-17-08 07:05 AM
    Ive always gone into the advanced section of DM to clear the calls database, Ive only ever had one stuck icon that for the life of me would not disspear, so I cleared the database and voila, it was gone
    yep that works for me 2 on the rare occasion I get that problem
    12-17-08 07:49 AM
    Good stuff Rachel. That has the potential to prevent a lot of unnecessary wipes.
    12-17-08 08:05 AM
    Very nice. I didn't know that. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD