I'm really new to BB's and I have a verizon 8330 curve.

i set my email up originally with no problem.. then one day none of it worked.. i had to log onto the Verizon site and create or authenticate them over.

now they send me announcesments.. etc.. and their lame IM program.. number one complaint is how do you even read the font they have on their??.. its rediculous. if i wanted to read micro text i would have kept my LG-V.

so.. how do i start over and only allow Blackberry applications and keep verison out of my pocket?..

i assume save contacts, etc.. do i use software from BB site?

thanks a million

Wayne
    10-22-08 08:35 AM
    I'm really new to BB's and I have a verizon 8330 curve.

i set my email up originally with no problem.. then one day none of it worked.. i had to log onto the Verizon site and create or authenticate them over.

now they send me announcesments.. etc.. and their lame IM program.. number one complaint is how do you even read the font they have on their??.. its rediculous. if i wanted to read micro text i would have kept my LG-V.

so.. how do i start over and only allow Blackberry applications and keep verison out of my pocket?..

i assume save contacts, etc.. do i use software from BB site?

thanks a million

Wayne
    I don't understand...The only Verizon 'junk' I've found (Outside the theme which I actually like!) was the home page link on the browser to some BS they are selling such as VZ Navigator and the crappy text messaging portals for AIM etc.

That home page can easily be changed to whatever you want it to be and to be quite honest I've been constantly telling everyone how great it is that you really wouldn't be able to even tell it WAS a Verizon phone thanks to no Get It Now BS etc on it.

I'm not sure about that emailing not working suddenly, I do know you have to authenticate but that is all done via RIM's servers and only once. Are you talking about junk email FROM Verizon that you are receiving?

Try going here and using a filter?

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    10-22-08 10:38 AM
    Wayne,

Welcome to Crackberry.

Let's take your problems one at atime.

The 'lame IM' program. Apps get put onto BlackBerrys in a number of ways. If this IM is a true application then it can be removed by going to Options, Advanced Options, Applications and scrollig down to the offending app. Now press Menu and select Delete. Gone.

If the app is really only a weblnk then it may not be so easy to remove because Verizon can keep sending it. You can he temportay releief by ging to Options, Advanced Option, Service Book and deleting the offending book. Also you can hilight the icon, press Menu and select Hide.

If Verizon ever send the Service Book againor if you request them, this app will re-appear so you will need to repeat the above.

BlackBerrys like to sync with Outlook and there is a program called Desktop Manager to do this with. It should be on the CD you got with your phone. If is is not then you can download it from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22. You need v4.6 which is the latest.

Have a look at the 101 lectres in my signature. They will shoorten your learning curve (pun intended) quite a bit.
    10-22-08 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD