hhmm! I dont have the file net_rim_bb_voicenotesrecorder.cod, what I have is:
    net_rim_bb_voice.cod
    net_rim_bb_voicenote.cod
    Am I safe deleting these 2?
    Sure...if you don't want to send voice notes in BB messenger.
    07-03-08 03:26 PM
    I read through the entire thread and it seems as if nobody has answered your question about the myFaves completely. You can get rid of the myFaves UI with no problem at all!! This does not, in any way, effect your myFaves or your Fave5. This is only a UI for your phone, which (IMO) is totally pointless. Without the UI you cannot manage your Fave5 from the device, so you will have to use my.tmobile.com (but you are not going to have myFaves soon anyhow!)
    so i just deleted those .cod files for fave5 and that fave5 icon that usually appears next to the contacts name in the address book is gone, and it also doesnt appear when i call them. Even though they dont show, they're still part of myFaves right? just wanna be certain. thanks.
    07-03-08 04:44 PM
    so i just deleted those .cod files for fave5 and that fave5 icon that usually appears next to the contacts name in the address book is gone, and it also doesnt appear when i call them. Even though they dont show, they're still part of myFaves right? just wanna be certain. thanks.

Jeremy yes you will still have your myfaves contacts. But if youre still not sure just log on to www.t-mobile.com and check to make sure all youre correct info is still there. But heres a question, you removed both those cod files and now you no longer have that huge folder filled with those stupid cutesy wootsy little pics? Any idea how much memory that freed up for ya?
    07-03-08 05:43 PM
    anyone have a link to stoners guide please??
    07-03-08 06:41 PM
    07-03-08 07:12 PM
    Jeremy yes you will still have your myfaves contacts. But if youre still not sure just log on to tmobile and check to make sure all youre correct info is still there. But heres a question, you removed both those cod files and now you no longer have that huge folder filled with those stupid cutesy wootsy little pics? Any idea how much memory that freed up for ya?
    yea, those myfave icons are gone. the folder is still there but it only shows one of my pictures that i used for a fave5 contact. ummm im not sure how much space that feed up, but i deleted everything you did in that screenshot you provided + those 2 fave5 cod files and i have about 20mb free. hope that helps
    07-04-08 01:52 AM
    bmcclure I am kind of with you on that app.
    Loaded my 8100 OS straight up and then ran that
    app. It's good but not a total solution.
    And just my opinion, but if you got to go in
    and remove other things you might as well
    follows Stoner's guide. You'll free up more than
    the app will, and be able to control the process.
    Yeah. it seems like a good concept and Stoner seems to be advocating the app for beginners...

But, I just like the idea of freeing up memory on my own... that way I can administer the whole process and make changes when needed. And I can customize how I want and have the freedom to revert back!!

Either way, I have not used the new program... so I am not sure if you can go back and whatnot. I just heard on the forums that someone misread instructions and got rid of a couple of the core BB themes and then none of his third party themes worked (obviously!)... and he wasn't sure how to revert back... hmmm
    07-04-08 11:33 AM
    That is of course unless you were to load the new DM and wipe your entired os like i did!! That was rough, but well worth it. I love the new DM, and i believe i have tweaked my memory to my exact specifications now. Thanks again for all the help everyone, gonna delete those 2 mvfaves cods now. Awesome thread
    07-04-08 03:41 PM
    Hey, since i saw someone else used the screenshot above i figured i would post another one. I removed a bunch of languange junk and the myfaves cods. Ran DM, and everything is running great almost up to 32mbs. The myfaves preloaded pics take up a decent amount..

07-04-08 04:15 PM
    hey people i'm having a little trouble i upgraded my os to 4.5.0.46 and now i have 10.9 MB free...not sure i want to delete many of the things you're suggesting cause i use most of them and also because when i had 4.2.2.180 i had up to 50 MB free all the time....does the beta have a memory leak??? should i reinstall the os again??
    07-04-08 04:17 PM
    Some of the betas do in fact have memory leak
    problems. 10.9 is bad. try doing a battery pull and
    rechecking your memory.
    What apps do you have installed.

And 50mb free?
    07-04-08 04:30 PM
    Yeah what AG said, also take a look at your browser cache. That can really accumulate quite quickly depending on how frequent you browse.

Do you use docs to go? That's huge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-08 04:38 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD