in the middle of my day today my phone started working really awkwardly. i went to check a message and the scroll ball worked, but when i pushed in on it to select my inbox it started typing p's and q's. i tried to delete them using the "del" button and it didnt work. so i just pressed the "end" button to get back to the main screen.

it wouldnt stop typing random letters when trying to select anything.

then it stopped doing anything when i would push any buttons. and once the screen saver engaged it wouldnt respond to anything.

i have tried doing a hard reset on it about 15 times to see if maybe it would wake up and stop being such a butthead.

i just tried downloading the newest OS for it to try reinstalling it to see if that would fix it but when i download and install it i cant find the "apploader" folder in my "research in motion" folder to delete the vendor.xml file to get it to reinstall.

i cant live without my phone let alone live without my blackberry now that i have grown so accustom to having it glued to my hand.

PLEASE HELP!!!

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!

Chris Jacobsen
    04-22-09 09:57 PM
    could one of your keys be stuck. Try pushing them all and see if one is stuck
    04-22-09 10:16 PM
    Is it every button on the face of the phone? or is it just the buttons below the send, berry, trackball, back, and end buttons (the qwerty part)?
    04-22-09 10:21 PM
    it sounds to me like water damage... there are many threads on water damage.. it involves a plastic bag and some uncooked rice.
    c-program files-common files-research in motion-apploader
    04-22-09 10:23 PM
    Chris, with the phone on, remove the battery. Wait a few seconds and put it back in- after your phone boots back up, please post if you're still having the same problems.

Savage thinks its water damage. Did you drop your phone in water?
    04-22-09 10:40 PM
    its all buttons on the phone. even the side buttons. none of them work.

i havent had to exposed to any water, other than some light water drops from looking at it in the rain...nothing that could cause damage like i am experiencing.

i tried the hard boot (when the phone is on taking the battery out and putting it back in and turning the phone back on).

nothing is working and i still cant figure out how to reinstall the OS.

damn it all...
    04-22-09 11:11 PM
    Chris, take your phone into Verizon. Normally when the problem you have starts occurring, re-doing the OS doesn't help. Get your phone replaced. They'll clearly see that in it's current state, it's pretty useless for you.
    04-22-09 11:14 PM
    thanks Scandalex.

i did that already and they are sending me a phone in the mail cause they didnt have any in stock.

but i was hoping i could fix it myself and not have to wait up to 3 days to get my phone in the mail...

thanks for the help though...

Chris
    04-22-09 11:16 PM
    thanks Scandalex.

i did that already and they are sending me a phone in the mail cause they didnt have any in stock.

but i was hoping i could fix it myself and not have to wait up to 3 days to get my phone in the mail...

thanks for the help though...

Chris
    Well, here's hoping it will get to you sooner than that.
    04-22-09 11:22 PM
    its all buttons on the phone. even the side buttons. none of them work.

i havent had to exposed to any water, other than some light water drops from looking at it in the rain ...nothing that could cause damage like i am experiencing.

i tried the hard boot (when the phone is on taking the battery out and putting it back in and turning the phone back on).

nothing is working and i still cant figure out how to reinstall the OS.
    Just an FYI. That's enough water to fry the keyboard.
    04-23-09 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD