Could just be a t-mobile thing, unless you guys are also on t-mobile in which case it could just be a me being stupid thing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 09:04 PM
    Well I was wondering if I get my email setup, would I buy able to access my email through wifi? (Not on a data plan currently)

Thanks.

I'm not 100% sure. You might be able to set it up without the data plan, but that is a BIS service so even if you can, it won't be pushed to your phone. But, you would be able to go to whatever the email host website is and access it that way.

07-08-09 09:55 PM
    Kasi I have read your link which you have provided previously about BBM. I just want to make sure because it didn't seem to clear in the article. I was wondering if a data plan was required in order to use BBM.

Thanks.

07-08-09 10:41 PM
    It is suppose to be that way, however I have seen several posts from people claiming to have used BBM over Wifi only. The only sure way to test this would be to add someone, or have someone add you, and see if it goes through.
    07-09-09 12:18 AM
    I plan to get a data plan very soon. The only thing I am wondering is if I really need one. Would occasionally using email and messaging justify a data plan?

07-10-09 01:52 PM
    I plan to get a data plan very soon. The only thing I am wondering is if I really need one. Would occasionally using email and messaging justify a data plan?

You can't get email or BBM without a Blackberry plan. You can text and I think other IM's without it, and you can get web over WiFi without data as well.
    07-10-09 02:07 PM
    Now that your Browser is working, you can access web based email without BlackBerry Internet Service.

Google's Gmail, combined with iGoogle set to the home page, free and reasonable convenient email. You do have to press refresh to check for messages, while in a Wifi hotspot.
    07-10-09 04:44 PM
    Well it seems like the wifi browser should suffice. Are there any free apps of wifi web browsers that have tabs? (So multiple web pages can be opened at once)

Thanks for the responses so far.

07-10-09 11:44 PM
    Hey guys

I got a new problem. Ever since I upgraded to the newer OS (the one in the links provided in the previous pages), my camera doesn't seem to work.

When I go to my camera option, it says the camera cannot be started and other applications need to be closed. In this case, no other apps are opened. Is there anything wrong with the OS? Should I get the most recent one?

Thanks.

07-11-09 09:36 PM
    Check your file free memory, you might be getting low. Options > Status.
    07-11-09 09:46 PM
    I dont seem to be getting low on free memory.
    07-15-09 08:51 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD