My phone Crashed and I'm in tears. I tried everything posted please help!!
    09-28-08 02:48 AM
    What do you mean by "crashed"??
    09-28-08 02:54 AM
    We need a little more info... What's it doing? What were you doing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 02:55 AM
    More info needed. Were you trying to upgrade

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 03:15 AM
    I just noticed. 5903873 Bytes. What do I do?
    Have you done a memory cleaning recently?

I would suggest restoring it back to factory specs, verify it is working correctly, then apply CrackMem to free up memory safely.

First step, put it back...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    09-28-08 11:40 AM
    Ok my phone just keeps rebooting or not... I'm not sure A white screen with that annoying little clock pops up and turns off seconds later. I tried the battery pull and nothing
    09-28-08 03:41 PM
    I followed the link but :

5. When it has finished, unplug it from the USB port and wait for it to finish start-up. Thirty minutes is typical, do not interrupt it.

Once it has recovered, you can use Desktop Manager's Application Loader to customize it and restore from your backup files, if you have saved them previously.

When what is finished nothing changes on the phone
    09-28-08 03:43 PM
    I'm not quite sure I understand what you are saying..

It can take a while for the phone to turn back on, you need to give it time, doing a battery pull when it's loading is very bad for the phone( so I've heard.) (Took my phone 20min to start back up when I had to recover it, didn't think it'd ever be back up, but I waited, and sure enough, it was back.)

If it is just the hourglass, then goes to black, then the led flashes for a sec, then goes back to the hour glass, then it may still be nuked and you may need to try the recovery once more.
    Last edited by Silverwings2005; 09-28-08 at 03:55 PM.
    09-28-08 03:50 PM
    Ive tried it and it keeps going back to the hour glass. Should I just keep trying it?
    09-28-08 03:54 PM
    Can you describe what the screen looks like? Does it go back at all? It can take a really long time, like I said, for the phone to turn back one once you've done the forced install from that link.

It sounds like it may still not be right, so you may have to do the "Recover a dead berry" another time, but when it's done, and the hourglass is on the screen, just let it sit for a good long time, if nothing in 30 to 40 mins or so.. Then, I'm not sure, and I'll have to pass you off to someone who knows more..

Good luck!

(Is you phone still under warrenty? IE, less then a year old?)
    09-28-08 04:00 PM
    Ok so I do the thing with the black screen . When I do the last step the AppLoader on my computer pops up but nothing changes on my phone. The screen just goes back to the white screen with the clock. Am I doing something wrong or is my phone just done?
    09-28-08 04:04 PM
    No, it's supposed to have the clock/hourglass, that means it's loading or booting up.

When I had to recover mine, I did the same thing as you, and then my phone restarted, and the the white screen come up with the hourglass that screen stayed there for about 20mins until my phone turned on.

It's a moving clock or hourglass right? Not just solitary and pure black right?
    09-28-08 04:09 PM
    yeah the moving hourglass will come up but it goes out again. then comes back on a couple of seconds later.
    09-28-08 04:13 PM
    Yeah, they do that.. At least mine does...

I'd give it a while, and if the phone doesn't come black on, do the recovery once more, and see what happens. Hopefully all will be well.

Did you install the orignal OS on you PC from here?:
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

If it's not from t-mobile, then you need to delete the "vendor.xml" file in c: program files>Common Files>Research In Motion>Apploder If that files not deleted, then it can mess things up.
    09-28-08 04:18 PM
    i did get the tmobile one.

So should I leave it plugged in to my PC or let it run?
    09-28-08 04:26 PM
    Just like it says, once it's finished doing the upgrade, unplug it from the PC, and just let it chill for a while.
    09-28-08 04:30 PM
    i did get the tmobile one.

So should I leave it plugged in to my PC or let it run?
    09-28-08 04:32 PM
    Just like it says, once it's finished doing the upgrade, unplug it from the PC, and just let it chill for a while.

Also, If you have to do it again, make sure your using the USB cable that came with your phone, that will make a difference sometimes, and also, make sure the cable is directly into your PC and not in via a USB hub/keybord/extention/and what not. I've seen this make a difference as well...
    09-28-08 04:33 PM
    Thanks so much for all your help. I know I'm being a pain but I have one more question, I wanna know if i did it right.

I did the black screen thing, and unplugged the USB . Now my phone sits alone and the white screen is still coming on and off and I just need to wait right?
    09-28-08 04:42 PM
    Ah, it fine.

Yeah, as long as you got though to step 5, and everything was completed, you should just need to wait.

If still nothing in over say, and hour?, then I'd retry all the steps.

(You installed the OS on you PC right? (Downloaded it, and then open it and installed it) Hate to ask, but just want to cover everything here, so we can get your berry up and running.)
    09-28-08 04:47 PM
    Silverwings is right - be patient. Your posts are only a few minutes apart and it sometimes take 20 minutes to 45 minutes before a "reboot" is complete. They are also correct when people that know more than both of us say that it is BAD to interupt the restart. Be patient, wait, and see what happens!!
    09-28-08 05:01 PM
    Thanks for all your help.

I waited an hour and since nothing happened I tried again. I am trying to distract myself , I just miss it so much lol.
    09-28-08 05:54 PM
    OK I tried again. And nothing I think I'll just call T-Mobile. I really can't be without a phone, I'll keep trying until they send me a new one
    09-28-08 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD