So today I wanted to update to 4.5 on my rogers 8310. So it said it worked but I got the 507 error code. I have tried every thing on this site to fix it. To me it reinstalls every thing very fast. Then on the first boot up it gets the error code again. Happens to every thing I try I even tried javaloader to wipe the phone. When I use javaloader, it says it cant open a port to the phone. It also says Pin unknow in blackberry desktop software. Please help I need my blackberry working. NOTE: I do have a backup.
    02-17-09 07:10 PM
    BUMP some one help me
    02-17-09 07:40 PM
    Is it an official release?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 07:47 PM
    "How to recover a nuked BlackBerry" it in the tips and how to section. I'll be back with a link...

02-17-09 07:54 PM
    I AM GOING TO SCREAM I SAID THAT I TRIED EVERY THING ON THIS SIDE. Is a official release from rogers. I want to know how to fix it. I tried every thing.
    02-17-09 07:57 PM
    I AM GOING TO SCREAM I SAID THAT I TRIED EVERY THING ON THIS SIDE. Is a official release from rogers. I want to know how to fix it. I tried every thing.
    You know, it's kind of rude to yell at people who are only trying to help you. I've heard that sometimes you have to try the "How to recover a nuked BlackBerry" more than once to get it to work. Good luck, I hope you get your phone to come back to life.
    02-17-09 08:27 PM
    I am sorry but I feels bad to be disconnect from the world due to my BB being dead. I will try that thanks.
    02-17-09 08:28 PM
    Yeah, I read that the first time but I like to make sure that its posted whenever I respond to this type of problem for somebody else that comes reads through here. That being said http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/

Now, first off, calm down. I've bricked my berry(s) more times than I can count and I've always brought them back to life 1hat OS version did you have previously? Are you using a Rogers branded Curve? From which carrier did the OS4.5 that you're trying to load come from? Are you using DTM installed on your computer or the web based upgrade system? If you're using DTM installed on your PC, what version is it? That should be a good start, post back.

02-17-09 08:33 PM
    ok well it is a rogers branded curve that had 4.2.2. I wanted to update 4.5. The 4.5 came from rogers. I think DTM means what the desktop software means. My DTM i think is 4.7
    02-17-09 08:50 PM
    Yes, Desk Top Manager. With DTM open it should have the version number on the bottom of the screen. I ask because I've heard some people have problems upgrading with 4.7

02-17-09 09:01 PM
    ya I am using 4.7 but I updated using 4.2 sp2 what are my repair options and if there are any how do I do it
    02-17-09 09:03 PM
    Not sure what 4.2 sp2 refers to. I would suggest looking on the BlackBerry site to see if DTM 4.6 is still available. If yes then uninstall 4.7 and install 4.6, restart your PC, and attempt to reload the OS on your berry. Note that you will have to reinstall the 4.5 for the phone on your pc as uninstalling DTM removes phone software as well.

02-17-09 09:23 PM
    ok so I need to install deskstop software 4.6. Then install the blackberry device software. So which one should I install for device software 4.2.2 or 4.5. Also should I delete the vendor.xml file even though the phone is a rogers phone and the device software is rogers.
    02-17-09 09:28 PM
    you dont need to delete the vendor file, I would try to reinstall the 4.5 software.
    02-17-09 09:36 PM
    It is not neccessary to delete the vendor.xml. I would try the 4.5 first. Another question, are you on a desktop or laptop? Are you using a USB hub or are you connected directly to the PC?

02-17-09 09:38 PM
    ok the second thing is that do I use loader file or the desktop manager program to load the firmware. BTW it never connected to the boot rom system on the bb when installing the fdevice software after I had to problem with my phone that i am posting here about.
    02-17-09 09:41 PM
    Good, you know where the apploader is. I would use that then.

02-17-09 09:45 PM
    Do you have an updated version of the DM? I would recommend 4.6 for the desktop software, then download the OS again, delete the vendor file, and run JL CMDER on the device first. DO NOT UNPLUG the device after jl cmder, go straight to the DM and connect, you will get an error on the device after JL CMDER, I believe 507 ... this means no OS... and is perfectly normal. After you see this error, leave the device plugged in, open DM and it should recognize you have no OS, and prompt you to upgrade. After you upgrade you should run your backup, which will load all of your bbmessenger buddies, phonebook etc (greatest thing about RIM is the backup feature.) After you are up and running, you should do a battery pull, this is the equivalent to Microsoft's Reboot, seems to be a cure all. This should about cover getting the phone up and running, if you are brave, search the forum for crack mem, and run it.. you will be glad you did... atleast you said please, this forum is filled with many great people offering help.
    02-17-09 09:46 PM
    ok well I have usedJL CMDER but how do I use the wipe feature since I have done that many times but it just goes to the start menu of the program. Should it tell me that the wipe is complete or no. Sometimes i get errors that say cant open port After this is awnsered I will try the install.
    Last edited by turtles; 02-17-09 at 10:23 PM.
    02-17-09 10:10 PM
    ok well I tried every thing I was told to. My problem is that I think that JL_cmder is not wiping my blackberry. I just says do you want to wipe your blackberry type blackberry and hit enter I do that and it says connecting to device and then it just goes back to the main menu for JL_cmder. Could it be because I am using vista it is not working.
    02-17-09 10:59 PM
    Crackmem can also be used to wipe your BB.

02-17-09 11:02 PM
    o well that didnt work eather. I guess I will wait for 7 days for my replacement blackberry from rogers
    02-17-09 11:31 PM
    Sorry, passed out last night. You can't use jl_cmdr if there is no OS on the phone. You don't have to use jl_cmdr anyways. Did you use apploader for the OS install yet?

02-18-09 08:00 AM
    yes I did but its odd since it installs the os just like it was installing an app for the blackberry. I thought it had to rewrite the boot rom and iteams like that. It didnt do that. I did try the apploader and I didnt work. Do oyu think my bb is dead for good
    02-18-09 09:44 AM
    Okay.. I dont know what the other advice you got was, but let me try to ask a few questions and try to help. What DM are you using, What OS is your PC, and what error message are you getting on your PC.. Not the 507 no os error but the actual error on your pc.. ?
    02-18-09 09:50 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD