Okay I am hoping some can help me out here. I have an 8330 curve from Verizon, last night my curve speaker quite working. I cannot get any sounds out of my phone i.e. alarms, ring tone, speaker phone, I can�t even listen to music with out headphones. Basically anything that has to do with my speaker doesn�t work. Any suggestions? I�ve tried a battery pull, several times and still no luck. I just really curious because it happened out of nowhere I mean it was working then all of the sudden it was gone. The only thing I was doing before it went away was I was listening to music with an earphone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by dlarej15; 06-26-09 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typo
    06-26-09 03:05 PM
    I have the same problem with my 8310, no sound it will only vibrate now.
    06-26-09 03:11 PM
    If you're on 4.5+, run the "test" mode to check the sound.

Options > Status, type "test."
    06-26-09 03:16 PM
    If you're on 4.5+, run the "test" mode to check the sound.

Options > Status, type "test."
    tried what you said and didn't hear anything on any of the test, any other suggestions?
    06-26-09 03:51 PM
    No ring tones, no nothing? Even in the test, no sound at all? Guess you somehow blew out the speaker. Did you drop your phone? Media card, if you have one - did you try taking it out and then testing ring tones?

Speaker - cheap item from cnn - like $4.
    Last edited by shfjcs; 06-26-09 at 04:03 PM.
    06-26-09 03:57 PM
    Might check with voice recorder to see also...on my old palm device people would his wired headsets and the contacts would stick you might reinsert plug and move around...have not heard of this issue with a bb device
    06-26-09 04:20 PM
    No ring tones, no nothing? Even in the test, no sound at all? Guess you somehow blew out the speaker. Did you drop your phone? Media card, if you have one - did you try taking it out and then testing ring tones?

Speaker - cheap item from cnn - like $4.

just tried taking out my media card still no sound, I can hear it if I got to activate handset but not speakerphone.

Also i bought a new midplate that came with a speaker but still no sound! although I'm not exactly sure how the speaker is supposed to be connected because if I remember correctly their wasn't any wires or anything...
    06-26-09 06:20 PM
    Maybe a silly question....But have you changed the Profile to "Quiet Mode" by accident??? It may not have any bearing but your problem sounds kinda freaky.
    06-26-09 06:25 PM
    Not mine, currently on vibrate because it's all that works.
    06-26-09 06:29 PM
    Try going to the media player everyone and play a song, press the BlackBerry button and press Activate handset. Its happened to me a few times and idk how I changed the option. Maybe that will help? Cuz when you say only headphones work you may have activated headset....
    06-26-09 07:32 PM
    cocojr - the speaker is connected by 2 "spring" terminals on the main board. When you separate the midplate from the board, look directly under the speaker contacts and you will find the "spring" terminals I'm talking about. Are they bent? If not, use a toothpick and gently bend them up to a bit to make sure they are high enough to make sufficient contact. If they're bent, bend them back carefully. The same type of contact is used for the flash. There's also spring type contacts for the main antenna and the gps/wifi antenna that sometimes need to be pried back up. Did you disassemle your phone before the speaker malfunctioned?

Hope this info helps.
    06-26-09 07:44 PM
    cocojr - the speaker is connected by 2 "spring" terminals on the main board. When you separate the midplate from the board, look directly under the speaker contacts and you will find the "spring" terminals I'm talking about. Are they bent? If not, use a toothpick and gently bend them up to a bit to make sure they are high enough to make sufficient contact. If they're bent, bend them back carefully. The same type of contact is used for the flash. There's also spring type contacts for the main antenna and the gps/wifi antenna that sometimes need to be pried back up. Did you disassemle your phone before the speaker malfunctioned?

Hope this info helps.
    Thanks! actually yeah I cracked my screen so I had to replace the faceplate....and for awhile my sound would just cut out, but if I applied a little pressure towards the top it would come back for awhile. I'll try your suggestion when I get home and report back, thanks.
    06-26-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD