I have a Curve 8330 from work that took a crap last week. After the Tech guy wiped it and put me back on the BES server its up and running again but with one new, very annoying, feature.

When I use the phone the LED flashes RED repeatedly. I use the phone on speaker, and at night, so this bright red LED in my face is driving me crazy. Is there a way to turn it off. I know it didnt do that before the tech guy.
    02-02-09 11:59 PM
    EDIT

I thought it was coverage indicator but that is green......

Maybe if you do not like the indicator at all you can edit it out of your profile for everything. SMS, MMS, PHONE etc. Not sure if that would work. Hope someone can help ya

Welcome to crackberry
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-03-09 at 12:08 AM.
    02-03-09 12:01 AM
    i dont think thats the problem because the LED coverage indicator is green not red... i could be wrong though
    02-03-09 12:06 AM
    Have you tried the ol' battery pull?

While the phone is on, pull the battery out and wait 30 seconds before reinserting it. This will reset the phone and hopefully take care of the problem.
    02-03-09 01:39 AM
    on mine its set to flash red when there is an incoming alert. so a txt or e-mail that comes in but i dont notice it vibrating next time i look at it it will be flashing red. it flashes green for coverage, and blue when your connected to a blue tooth device. in options goto alerts.
    02-03-09 08:24 AM
    Can anyone confirm when you are making/ on a call the LED is flashing a constant RED? I understand the coverage indicator, blue tooth, profile alerts, etc. But I cant figure out why it does the RED when i make or am on a call. It's a quick flashing too. Not slow like a new message indicator.
    02-03-09 09:44 AM
    My LED is not on when making a call.
    02-03-09 09:46 AM
    Thanks Lastraid. Now if only i could figure out how to turn mine off. At least i know I'm not crazy and it really wasnt like this before the BB admin got hold of it.
    02-03-09 09:59 AM
    Might check with the admin then. They may have set a policy for something on the phone.
    02-03-09 10:01 AM
    Go under profiles, choose advanced options and redo all profile message settings to choose LED off under repeat notifications

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 09:38 PM
    My 8330 also flashes the RED LED when making a call and afterwards too. I have no idea how to disable it but it is very annoying.
    02-19-09 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD