i cleared out all of my blackberry software so its pretty much how i first got it... i have had so many issues getting application loader to work, the message show up saying "the blackberry desktop software does not..etc"
    IM very tired and frustated at this and would like very much if step by step someone would explain to me what to do, what to download, where to download, basically explain it to me as if i was ********...(i just might be)
    This would prolly help not only me but hundreds of other people as well, my blacberry version is 4.2.2.170.....please help me once and for all!!
    08-29-08 08:12 PM
    someone please help me
    08-29-08 08:59 PM
    I believe I already did in the other thread you posted on this issue.

Please only post your question once.
    08-29-08 09:15 PM
    but amazinglygracelessu i know u tried to help me out but i still dont know whatto download exactly for this to work, i already know the download is on my carriers site but i dont know which one or how to do it right!!
    thank u for ur help though, im just fustrated
    08-29-08 09:26 PM
    OK Citi, what is the problem? You do this just the way it is laid out in the tutorials on the subject. 1. Go to www .BlackBerry. Com and download the newest desktop manager - you chose the save option and save the file to your desktop. 2. Go the sticky at the begining of the 83XX forum, click on the link to your device's OS. Then you select the operating software for your device. Again, you download it and save it to your desktop. 3. Install the desktop manager to your computer. You make sure it sees your device when you back you curve up. 4. You now unplug your berry and install the new OS to your computer. 5. Now go to the FAQ forum and click on the Proper Upgrade procedure by bmcclure and follow it. If you run into problems, you PM me and I will help you out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 09:33 PM
    And you might ask yourself if you are ready to do this. What is it you think you're going to get with the new OS that is so great? Everyone jumps up and down yelling yay, but why? I don't get it. I've only used my video player three times and mobile utube is already boring on such a small screen. It isn't that big a deal. Imo

08-29-08 09:39 PM
    exelant thank u very much for your help and advice, i will try this... but the apps loader is so i can get maps, and aim , and the mobile u tube, i know ehat u say is true and that i will get bored eventually, but still if anything really cool comes out for the blackberry ill be ready to download it
    08-29-08 09:55 PM
    I'm not altogether sure what your problem is. You already have
    Desktop Manager and in the other thread I listed the specific file
    you need to download.

Once the d/load is done simply click the executable file (the one
    you downloaded) and let it install. You're done.
    08-29-08 09:58 PM
    the problem isn't downloading it, its just every time i download it it keeps giving me that same error message i posted at the beginning of the thread, but im pretty sure that the other person who helping me has a idea of what im talking about, thanks for ur help and if this doesnt work ill talk to you
    08-29-08 10:03 PM
    That error will come up if you do not have the OS installed
    on your PC.
    08-29-08 10:10 PM
    Citi, AG probably has forgotten as much as I know, . I have helped a lot of people upgrade privately, though. What I think you should do is start over. Uninstall that DM that isn't seeing your berry, download a fresh copy and install it.

08-29-08 10:10 PM
    Back up your device - don't try to run apploader yet because there isn't a OS for it to see. Unplug your berry after backing it up. Then download and install the new OS to your computer.

08-29-08 10:13 PM
    guys i really appreciate this, u r helping me out a lot.. just how do i download the newest OS from the sticky in the 83xx forums, i dont know where it is, thanks
    08-29-08 10:14 PM
    exelant, very good advice. I was trying to avoid going there, but
    that might be the answer.
    08-29-08 10:15 PM
    Follow this link to get to the download site:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...anguage-55061/

Thanks AG. I have a hard time visualizing where someone is when I come in in the middle of things. Citi was getting frustrated I think.

08-29-08 10:26 PM
    ok ive downloaded the latest desktop software and am currently downloading handheld sofware to my desktop, btw do they have to match up because i think they are different, then what ...install my cd desktop software, restart my computer and then run it again with my blackberry plugged in?
    08-29-08 10:28 PM
    1) No the DM and OS do not have to match
    2) Skip the CD. you no longer need it
    3) Yes, the PC restart is a good idea. While it is restarting
    reset your BB. Press and hold ALT+RIGHT SHIFT + DELETE
    once the screen comes up white do it again.
    08-29-08 10:34 PM
    Don't get ahead of what we are doing. After you have downloaded and installed your DM, plug your berry in and back it up. Then unplug it, and then install your new OS to your computer. Then wait for me please. Check your private messages.
    08-29-08 10:36 PM
    please help... i cant find the right OS software that garz has put out, the link is bad and i don;t know where to go.. im like a football player at a mathletes compition,, confused and angry, thanks for helpin me get this done
    08-29-08 10:36 PM
    and what ag said,
    08-29-08 10:37 PM
    please help... i cant find the right OS software that garz has put out, the link is bad and i don;t know where to go.. im like a football player at a mathletes compition,, confused and angry, thanks for helpin me get this done
    Updateservice

Scroll down to Blackberry firmware. Select the OS for the 8310
    The site is in German but it will be obvious. The actual OS will install
    in English
    08-29-08 10:42 PM
    I will find it for you. read the upgrade instructions I pm'd you. Be calm or we stop until tomorrow. Being upset and in a hurry is behind 95% of failures.
    08-29-08 10:44 PM
    LOL were typing and posting at the same time ag.
    08-29-08 10:45 PM
    k guys thanks i got a baseball game tomorro, but i will respond, im downloading the new OS 4.5.55 to my desktop right now...just tell me what to do after i finish and i think ill be set... u guys r real lifesaver
    08-29-08 10:49 PM
    Citi, it is the first download under: BlackBerry Firmware. Doubleclick it and select save, save it to your desktop, then relax, read the upgrade instructions and have a beer while it downloads.
    08-29-08 10:49 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD