I'm going on holiday for a month, and as my blackberry is on contract there is no way in **** that i could possibly afford internet charges or email charges abroad.
    How do i disable my internet temporarily, is this possible??
    taaaa
    x
    06-09-08 04:56 PM
    Err, dang, wap doesn't show what BB you have. On my curve you can go to manage connections -> mobile network options, top option is data services, turn it off. Depending where you will be you could get your phone unlocked and use a local sim card. If it has data enabled checking email is not too expensive and yes, your BB will find your account even though you are on a different carrier and sim, your berry is recognized by RIM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-08 05:03 PM
    Menu>manage connections>mobile network options>data services>off

e: oops, beat me to it.
    06-09-08 05:05 PM
    I have the BB curve 8310
    lol thanks, i shall try that out!
    06-09-08 05:05 PM
    if you are coming to the states from the EU or vice versa you do not need to replace the sim as the phone will work here but calls are on the steap side. My mom spent a month in Scotland and had service on her t-mobile phone with no issues and her bill was not too outragious.
    06-09-08 05:10 PM
    Menu>manage connections>mobile network options>data services>off

e: oops, beat me to it.
    Yep, this should work for you. You can also turn off all connections if you just want to use it as a PDA-type thing.

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-09-08 05:53 PM
    Since you're with Tmo I should tell you that their international unlimited email is $19.99/month. Unless you wanna use your phone with a foreign SIM card, I think that service will be great to keep you in constant email contact while you're there.
    06-09-08 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD