So here is my situation. I have a 2gig card in my 8300 right now.I work for ATT and for some reason the 4gig cards that we carry do not work with the curve. It says on the packaging that it should work though. My questions is there something I would need to do to format the card? (my 2gig worked right out of the package)Are their brands that do not work? What is the highest card that will work? Anything? I need more memory.
    Last edited by jnuh; 02-20-08 at 11:13 PM.
    02-20-08 10:54 PM
    I personally went to e-bay and bought a SanDisk 8gb micro SDHC card even though currently I am only able to utilize 4gb of it. Relatively inexpensive compared to retail prices ($63 shipped Vs. $119+tax retail). Once the 4.5 software comes out there will be an update to the phone to recognize the other 4gb on this card. As for why you are only getting use of 2gb instead of 4 now, I don't know. Did you go into Options / Media Card / Click the Menu key and choose Format Card? Give that a try if not.
    02-21-08 07:06 AM
    Actually the problem isn't that only 2gigs out of 4 work. The problem is the 4gig card doesn't work at all while my 2gig works just fine.
    02-21-08 12:05 PM
    I'm not sure what to tell you there! Are they micro SD or micro SDHC? If it's just that one 4gb card have you tried another 4gb card? It could be a bad card. And according to what I just read on Blackberry's website the SD or SDHC should work up to 4gb now and up to 8gb after the 4.5 software comes out.
    02-21-08 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD