my phone got wet out on the lake. the main screen still comes up but none 0f the buttons work I have a bunch of new unread sms messages and cant check them is there any way i can hook my phone up to my computer to check them ???????? the sprint store wont let me check my own messages
    07-14-09 11:42 AM
    Well, if your carrier is anything like ours, you are stuck on a blackberry contract and have only two options. Either you buy a new blackberry at full price, or you buy out the contract. Either way you are looking at a hefty chunk of change. My usual advice is to purchase a used blackberry off of kijiji.ca or .com, or whatever local site you may use. After you have your 'new' blackberry simply run the device switch wizard and all of your messages will get put on your new device, along with contacts and other data.

Hope that helps, because there is no way that I am aware of that will allow you to read your messages on your computer.
    07-14-09 12:34 PM
    Let it dry out for an hour or two... Don't use a hairdryer though.. You'll make the inside componets too hot. Other than that, if you bought the protection plan from your carrier, it may cover it but you might have to pay a dedictable.... A LOT cheaper than buying a new one... Then you can do the device switch just like sasktel dealer said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD