For some reason I can not get the 4.5.0.81 to install. DM 4.6 does not see it. I have tried 10-12 times. Was up all night doing this. The only OS I can get installed is an old 4.2 version.
    Yes I did delete the Vender.XML
    Did a complete uninstall including registery of all research in motion files
    uninstalled all OS for blackberry 8310
    and still the DM 4.6 says it can not find the OS to upgrade
    10-06-08 06:37 AM
    Did you try loading DM 4.5?
    10-06-08 06:38 AM
    Mmm I guess you've already checked but is the OS you are trying to install definately the right one for your device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 06:43 AM
    I think a few people last night were loading the WRONG OS.

So please check to make sure you have at least DM 4.5 or 4.6 WITHOUT MEDiA MANAGER (I couldn't install with it) and the correct OS.

And make sure you back up all of your 3rd party apps. Once you do all of that, download the OS to your computer not the desktop...possibly in your downloads folder on the C drive.

Run the OS .exe file, run through the BB Wizard, connect the Berry and run DM.

Some people are also forgetting to remove the vendor file AFTER running the new OS on the computer. You have to remove the vendor file before you start the DM and connect the Berry.

Im at work so I can't help anyone until after 4.

But good luck. And if you have to, remove your media card since this is causing problems for some people. I didnt have to.
    10-06-08 06:47 AM
    Dolores tired last night to help out.
    Yes proper OS for my phone
    Just tried the DM 4.5 no Roxio and still get the that OS is not for the phone. And I did delete the Vendor.xml file
    10-06-08 07:03 AM
    according to RIM. They say since att does not support 4.5 that the software that I have installed the 4.2.2.170 is branded and ATT has blocked any upgrades.
    10-06-08 08:07 AM
    according to RIM. They say since att does not support 4.5 that the software that I have installed the 4.2.2.170 is branded and ATT has blocked any upgrades.
    If this is true (first I've ever heard of any company doing it), it is just another reason to dislike ATT. They take forever to release their branded updates and block any other update.
    10-06-08 09:12 AM
    That is really odd. I have the same phone(8310 on AT&T) and have had no problems upgrading the OS.

It knows that you are using a branded OS though...so does that have something to do with a vendor file?

Maybe one of the more efficient crackheads can be of more assistance.
    10-06-08 09:21 AM
    Search for "crackmem" on here. It helped me out. I couldn't install .69. I had .55 installed and DM didn't recognize .69. But crackmem did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 09:46 AM
    Guys am using a Unlocked AT&T BB 8310 outside the US.. It would not come on just the red light keeps on coming on & off.... Has any of you AT&T 8310 users face this problem?????
    10-06-08 10:54 AM
    ATT doesnt block an unknown OS. The only thing that will stop you, is not deleting the vendor file
    10-06-08 11:09 AM
    Check your installation with Window Control Panel / Programs.

Look for two BlackBerry applications. The device OS is model specific. It must match your device exactly or it will not be recognized.

The other thing is, Vendor.xml is recreated every time you reinstall the OS. You may think you deleted it, but the odds are good it has been restored.

CrackMem is the simplest way to deal with the problem.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

10-06-08 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD