I got a new red blackberry curve for christmas and I'm in love with it! It is ALOT of phone and taking me a while to figure out everything But this site is helping out alot! One thing I can't figure out is deleting ringtones. I downloaded a bunch of ringtones from this site and put them on my phone. I deleted 2 of the ringtones today and although they are deleted their name still shows up on my ringtone list. Anyone know how to delete the name aswell?
    12-29-07 10:13 PM
    Remove the battery from the device and reinsert.
    12-29-07 10:20 PM
    IT WORKED!! Thanks a million
    12-29-07 10:28 PM
    Knew it would! Good luck!
    12-29-07 10:45 PM
    always help here i love it
    12-30-07 07:39 PM
    I down loaded a bunch of ring tones from this site. And most of them would not play..... And now I can not delete them. Some went to my media area.... But most went straight to where you edit your sounds and stuff.... ( profiles ) Do I get rid of them the same way? And do you mean to take the batt out without cutting off phone? TIA ! Now I can't down load any more it says system is full.

Cathy
    01-03-10 08:35 AM
    Use Media / Explore to review and remove the ringtones.

They can be saved in two places. The most common is Media Card / Ringtones. If there is no media card present, they will be saved in Device Memory / Ringtones.

The native ringtones are compress into a file, it should not be removed becasue so many profile feature default to the native ringtones.

Side note, thank you for using Search to locate a thread discussing similar symptoms.
    01-03-10 10:39 AM
    To your question about battery pulls. Yes.
    Leave the device on when you remove the battery.
    It wasn't in your question, but a battery pull will fix many little glitches with your BB. If your BB starts to act a little weird or sluggish, pull the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 11:50 AM
    Thanks for the help....... Now I'm still having trouble with it saying systems file full.... :O( Maybe I didn't leave the batt out long enough.
    01-04-10 03:10 PM
    Thanks again...
    01-04-10 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD