So I switched over from verizon to sprint, the phone i have is brand new with minimal apps loaded..why is the fone so sluggish and extremely slow ??? i dont think i should wipe out the fone since its brand new.. i have the latest firmware on it as well.. any suggestions guys ? help ??!
    05-29-09 09:17 PM
    Just to be a bit more clear, can u specify when the phone is slow/sluggish? When browsing the web? Running apps on the phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 09:30 PM
    I gotta ask, have you tried a battery pull?

05-29-09 09:30 PM
    When you say latest OS, does that mean you just did an OS upgrade, or it has the latest Sprint OS?

If you just upgraded to 4.5.0.160, your BB can be slow for a while till it catches up updating data intensive apps and resyncing with the RIM servers, etc. Do you notice a lot of data activity (arrows) in the top right when the BB lags? Hourglass icon in the display?

If you transferred a memory card into your new BB, there could be a problem with the filesystem or a file on the card which can cause the symptoms you are describing.

05-29-09 09:42 PM
    From the home screen, type alt-LGLG and then clear the logs through the context menu.
    Also try running the memory cleaning app through settings-security options-memory cleaning.
    There's a possibility that you're logs have been hogging some space, even though you haven't had the phone that long.
    05-29-09 09:58 PM
    Also would be helpful to know the model of the bb to.
    05-29-09 10:12 PM
    Hey guys, thanks for such a quick response. The os is freshly updated to latest version. The phone seems sluggish when just navigating around and scrolling from icon to icons... but as someone mentioned it does have alot of activity going on..maybe thats why.. again thanks for all the response =]
    05-30-09 03:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD