Hi everyone, I've looked but not found exactly what I need. Sorry if this has been answered before...typical newbie.

8330. Took a swim in some wine a few weeks ago.
    Opened it up, dried it out, put the battery in...nothing.

Opened it up, put in rice for 2 days, put the battery back in, and it worked.
    For 2 weeks. No problems whatsoever.

Now, it's frozen again for no reason. It will light up, ring, receive emails etc, but the keys don't respond and I cant answer the phone or unlock it or anything.

I read somewhere on here that I should reinstall the OS, but I don't know where to find it or how to do that.

Any ideas? Thanks
    09-30-09 09:45 PM
    well to find what OS you were running either you have to know it off the top of your head or look in the BB. Since your keys are shot I hope you remember what it was. My guess is the wine is acidic, even doin rice doesnt solve all prob. Hope you can connect it to Desktop Manager to try to get the info out, maybe this route will work for you. Good Luck
    09-30-09 09:56 PM
    desktop manager is no help at all...say fatal error after update...

anybody else? Where can i download an OS for 8330?
    09-30-09 10:25 PM
    For your sake I hope I am wrong, but I think ur Berry is toasted. Did you get ins. with it? As far as OS is concerned I get mine from ATT or Blackberry.com, but updates on desktop I believe come from Blackberry.com. Like I said for your sake I hope I am wrong, good luck. BTW welcome aboard and hope your situation is resolved in a timely manor
    09-30-09 10:36 PM
    The wine eroded your phone. You should have cleaned it with rubbing alcohol then put it in the rice. Sugar and electronics is no good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com when I should be in bed sleeping.
    09-30-09 10:43 PM
    Thats what I was thinking. Between sugar and acidity of wine= failure
    09-30-09 10:44 PM
    If you get to the point that you're going to pitch the phone, there is a last ditch effort. Go to your local NAPA or similar and purchase a can of "electrical contact cleaner". Then go to youtube and search for a curve dissassembly video. If no luck use the keywords "replace LCD blackberry curve". There's a vid titled something close to that which goes through nearly complete disassembly down to the board. Use the spray cleaner on the entire board making sure to completely avoid the LCD screen. The fact it was still working and it's been a recent event gives you hope IMO. Plus the fact that the phone is still powering up. Could just be some residual bridging that can be eliminated and if no shorting has occurred, you still have a chance. Do not substitute another spray for the contact cleaner. It evaporates shortly after it hits/cleans it's target surface leaving no residual. It's intention is very specific and it works quite nicely.
    10-01-09 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD