Hi everyone. I am a first time CB user although I've had my BB for some time. I have compiled a list of questions I have and thought one of you helpful souls might be able to provide advice. I've ranked the questions in order of importance, so if you only take a stab at one or two, that'd be fine:

1. My emails, when sent from my BB, or at home on my GMail, are ALL sent to my BB's email. I want to turn this off and only get INCOMING email. Help?

2. On Verizon, the texts I receive come in on one screen showing one time and then when I hope the text it comes in at a different time. I have tried all of the over the air updates, gone to the store, etc. It doesn't fix this. Anyone have this problem?

2b. Edit- oops, I forgot a VERY important question: I once tried to update to the beta 4.5s and needless to say, it didn't work out well on my BB. So I have that taken off now because I had other problems and ended up getting a new BB from Verizon. That said, everytime I try to connect my BB to the computer, the BB software on the computer tries to update the phone to 4.5 (which would just cause the problems from before I cited). Is there any way I can revert my BB manager back to 4.3 until the real 4.5 on Verizon is released?

3. What are some *good* games to DL for the 8330?

4. Anyone feel their BB buttons on the 8330 are slightly blueish in tint? I have read of this after a google search, but I just want to confirm with any posters. ALSO, anyone have problems with their buttons making a strange, almost sticking noise after extended use? Are these just the result of ****ty buttons on the device?

5. Can anyone suggest a good doc/pdf/powerpoint/excel viewer if I cannot get the 4.5 upgrade (bc I know there is a program on 4.5 that helps with this)

6. Anyone have *must have* programs for the device? I've been especially interested in a good Wikipedia program, like the way you can direct search Google with a dedicated application. Thoughts?

7. Finally, I have Viigo (the newest beta) for my RSS feeds and Google Reader, but they are not updating as automatically as I'd like. For example, a website will update, and even after I force an update on Viigo, it does not come up as the current content. Is this delay a problem with RSS feeds or something with the way RSS feeds work on the BBs?

Thanks everyone! I hope to help out on this community.
    Last edited by DBadgers34; 09-30-08 at 10:20 AM.
    09-30-08 10:16 AM
    Hi everyone. I am a first time CB user although I've had my BB for some time. I have compiled a list of questions I have and thought one of you helpful souls might be able to provide advice. I've ranked the questions in order of importance, so if you only take a stab at one or two, that'd be fine:

1. My emails, when sent from my BB, or at home on my GMail, are ALL sent to my BB's email. I want to turn this off and only get INCOMING email. Help?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/
    09-30-08 10:18 AM

6. Anyone have *must have* programs for the device? I've been especially interested in a good Wikipedia program, like the way you can direct search Google with a dedicated application. Thoughts?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/favo...ication-73947/
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-30-08 at 11:05 AM.
    09-30-08 10:20 AM

http://forums.crackberry.com/f45/wha...your-bb-28543/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/what...ou-have-52725/
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-30-08 at 11:06 AM.
    09-30-08 10:22 AM
    Many of these questions can be answered by simply browsing the links in my signature or heading to the BB101 Lecture Slides or How-To section of the forum!

I would usually go through each question and present you with an answer... but many of these have been covered sooo many times it is like beating a dead horse!

Welcome to CrackBerry!! You will learn a ton here
    09-30-08 10:23 AM

4. Anyone feel their BB buttons on the 8330 are slightly blueish in tint? I have read of this after a google search, but I just want to confirm with any posters. ALSO, anyone have problems with their buttons making a strange, almost sticking noise after extended use? Are these just the result of ****ty buttons on the device?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/key...y-curve-30422/

my buttons seem white and are pretty bright.

there is NO sticking noise with mine and they seem to respond smoothly.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-30-08 at 10:51 AM.
    09-30-08 10:23 AM

7. Finally, I have Viigo (the newest beta) for my RSS feeds and Google Reader, but they are not updating as automatically as I'd like. For example, a website will update, and even after I force an update on Viigo, it does not come up as the current content. Is this delay a problem with RSS feeds or something with the way RSS feeds work on the BBs?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/viig...tes-old-77276/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/vii...ownload-72198/
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-30-08 at 11:08 AM.
    09-30-08 10:25 AM

2. On Verizon, the texts I receive come in on one screen showing one time and then when I hope the text it comes in at a different time. I have tried all of the over the air updates, gone to the store, etc. It doesn't fix this. Anyone have this problem?

2b. Edit- oops, I forgot a VERY important question: I once tried to update to the beta 4.5s and needless to say, it didn't work out well on my BB. So I have that taken off now because I had other problems and ended up getting a new BB from Verizon. That said, everytime I try to connect my BB to the computer, the BB software on the computer tries to update the phone to 4.5 (which would just cause the problems from before I cited). Is there any way I can revert my BB manager back to 4.3 until the real 4.5 on Verizon is released?

5. Can anyone suggest a good doc/pdf/powerpoint/excel viewer if I cannot get the 4.5 upgrade (bc I know there is a program on 4.5 that helps with this)

About your text coming in at diff times. Try connecting your phone to your computer. Go to DM. And go to sync. a select update time and date when connected.

About your DM prompting for an update. You Must delete 4.5 from your computer. Control panal>add/remove>and find the one that says blackberry softwarexxxxxxxx. and delete it.

OH and i have pacman on my phone lol.. It gets me through my boring times
    09-30-08 10:33 AM
    I would quote the post giving me the Gmail link, but since I don't have 10 posts, I can't. So imagine I have quoted that before I say this:

I appreciate the quick reply, but this does not work. Here is what happens:

I go to the Verizon website. It asks me to create an account. I enter in my PIN and then it asks for an ESN number. Problem #1: I have two ESN numbers, which is correct? I try out the first ESN (dec) number and it says an account exists already on my PIN. So I ask it to send to my phone the password. It then texts to my phone saying that I DO NOT HAVE an account. Meaning, it thinks I have an account, and then when I ask for more information, it tell me I don't have an account.

Furthermore, I tried my second ESN (hex) and the same thing happens.

Ahh! What gives?
    09-30-08 10:34 AM
    Oh. And welcome to Crackberry..
    09-30-08 10:34 AM

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    09-30-08 10:49 AM

Documents To Go for BlackBerry Smartphones: Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your BlackBerry Smartphone
    09-30-08 10:52 AM
    I would quote the post giving me the Gmail link, but since I don't have 10 posts, I can't. So imagine I have quoted that before I say this:

I appreciate the quick reply, but this does not work. Here is what happens:

I go to the Verizon website. It asks me to create an account. I enter in my PIN and then it asks for an ESN number. Problem #1: I have two ESN numbers, which is correct? I try out the first ESN (dec) number and it says an account exists already on my PIN. So I ask it to send to my phone the password. It then texts to my phone saying that I DO NOT HAVE an account. Meaning, it thinks I have an account, and then when I ask for more information, it tell me I don't have an account.

Furthermore, I tried my second ESN (hex) and the same thing happens.

Ahh! What gives?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ver...rve-bis-67604/

you may want to give the carrier a call and they can get it straight for you.
    09-30-08 10:58 AM

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/sms...t-times-51262/
    09-30-08 10:59 AM
    [QUOTE=DBadgers34;776024]

QUOTE]

I didn't see if anyone answered this question, or put a link up for you ,
    The solution is very easy, uninstall the desktop manager and the 4.5 OS you have on your computer. Download, save, and install a fresh 4.6 version of DeskTop Manager. Since you have a new berry and original OS, you should go to your provider's site sometime and download and save a copy of your OS in case you need it. Once you have deleted the two files and installed a fresh DM, you should be good to go. Your current DM sees the 4.5 and automatically asks if you want to upgrade. Deleting them will stop this. Bmc made a good point. All of your questions except maybe the one I answered can be found with a simple search -- I'm not piling on, just want you to know you can find answers much faster with a search.

link to DM, select the v4.6 Desktop Manager, with or without Roxio, its up to you:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    09-30-08 11:32 AM
    Try accessing the BIS site directly on your Berry, using the native browser. Not sure why it works, but that's what it took to get my account up and running. Once I accessed it from my BB the first time, I could get into it from the web after that.
    09-30-08 11:39 AM
    Try accessing the BIS site directly on your Berry, using the native browser. Not sure why it works, but that's what it took to get my account up and running. Once I accessed it from my BB the first time, I could get into it from the web after that.
    i actually did it the opposite way and that worked. lol. here's an interesting thread on the topic:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/bis-...p-issue-54805/
    09-30-08 11:59 AM
    Thanks for all of the help. I successfully stopped Gmail from sending messages I'd send from my BB, back to the phone. Boy that was annoying!

However, I have another question, and I did a search but couldn't find this nuanced question asked, so hopefully I'll explain this right....

So, originally, when I'd send an email from my BB, it would then send a "message has been delivered to the recipient" message to my Gmail account, and also send a copy of the email to my BB (which i've stopped).

Now, when I send an email from my phone, it DOES NOT go to my phone (which is great), but ALSO send a copy of the email to my gmail. Now, this might not be a bad thing because then I can have an electronic copy of all sent messages in my inbox, but is there a way to move it so that emails I send from my blackberry go into the SENT box of Gmail, as opposed to an unread email in my Gmail box? Hopefully someone on Gmail has seen this before.
    10-01-08 06:55 AM
    anyone? bump.
    10-01-08 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD