i cant do anything with my blackberry. recieve calls tcxts nothing. none of the buttons are working its like locked in handsfree and locked i can still see im getting messages and hear the phone ring but cant do anything and i am traveling and cant get to a sprint store please help!!!!!!
    04-08-09 07:47 AM
    Do a battery pull!
    04-08-09 08:00 AM
    Uh, this is kind of obvious but did you try to pull out the battery?
    04-08-09 08:05 AM
    Did you get the device wet or have it in the bathroom during a shower?
    04-08-09 08:07 AM
    I bet the Facebook application is installed...
    04-08-09 08:09 AM
    tried the battery thing and still nothing
    i can hear it ringing but none of the buttons work
    sprint online customer service says to call
    how do i do that lol
    04-08-09 08:14 AM
    i havnt had it near moisture
    04-08-09 08:15 AM
    2 choices.

1. find a sprint store and get it fixed
    2. hopefully you backed up your phone recently with the desktop manager so you might have to restore to last back up point.
    04-08-09 08:24 AM
    Ok, sound like a snafu. You said you are traveling, can we help you find a location to get help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 08:29 AM
    The same kind of thing happened to me, but that was because i got a little water on the trackball. I had to call orange, they did diagnostics on it, realised it was pretty much dead, and sent me a new one. Id call your carrier and see what they can do.
    04-08-09 10:47 AM
    I had the same thing happen to me. [DISCLAIMER] I'M NOT RECOMMENDING YOU DO THIS, JUST SAYING THIS IS WHAT I DID [/DISCLAIMER].

I figured out I had got dirt, or maybe even french fry grease under the trackball. I pulled the batter and grabbed some hand sanitizer (which is like 99.99% rubbing alcohol) and rubbed it on my hands then wiped down my trackball/keyboard. I let it dry for overnight, put the battery back in and voila! it worked again.

Ok, stop looking at me like that. Rubbing alcohol in SMALL quantities is *usually* safe to use to clean button on electronic devices, because it dries so quickly and completely, and it breaks up dirt and oils. You obviously can't soak your berry in it. Thats why I tried it. Had nothing to lose at that point.

AGAIN, I'm not recommending you do this. Our symptoms may have been similar, but the root problem could be completely different. Take your berry to the Sprint store and let them look at it.
    04-08-09 11:08 AM
    Did you get the device wet or have it in the bathroom during a shower?

Actually, can the steam hurt your phone? Guess it's a little late now.... But mines been sitting by the sink for several hundred showers now
    04-08-09 12:21 PM
    what about standby? did you accidentally push the standby button on top?
    04-08-09 12:28 PM
    Yes steam can hurt your BB.

You can still answer calls on standby. I use it all the time.

It really sounds like there is something wrong with your BB. If it is less than a year old, you can do a warranty exchange. If not, I hope you have insurance.
    04-08-09 12:34 PM
    Actually, can the steam hurt your phone? Guess it's a little late now.... But mines been sitting by the sink for several hundred showers now
    The keyboards are very sensitive to moisture and high humidity situations. Sounds like you've been lucky.
    04-08-09 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD