Good Evening Fellow Crackberriers!

Hoping someone has a solution to my problems, that typically is a very straightforward task...

I have multiple accounts on my device (hotmail, gmail, yahoo, carrier email (@telus.blackberry.net), and my ISP email (@ sympatico.ca).I am trying to set up my work email on my BB, both from the device, and through my BIS account, and have had no success as of yet. I do have outlook web access with my work account. The challenge is that my work also has it's own BES, to which i do not have access (this is my personal blackberry). I have tried all the basic settings, and any possible combination of username, domain name, password, OWA access url, mailbox name etc... and can't seem to get it to work. I went so far as to call my carrier (telus) for help - The girl on the phone tried everything, with no success. I even gave her all my credentials / url / password etc... They opened a ticket for the call, so that her colleagues could try as well. I got a text message back from a different tech. saying that i would not work, as the server (my work) has blocked the account from being set-up on a blackberry that is not on the BES etc....

Surely there must be a way to get this account set up.. or perhaps a 3rd party app, that could fetch the emails for me, and then push them to to my device...

Not to start a war (as i much prefer blackberry) but my iTouch has no issues with the configuration, and pushes all my work emails directly to the device, like any other email account on either of my devices.

Thanking you in advance for any help / suggestions.

Be Well,

-Tbrenn
    11-11-10 09:11 PM
    Request to be put on BES by your work, I've got a personal blackberry and am connected to my employers BES.

A workaround would be to automatically forward all your work emails to one of your other email adresses.
    11-11-10 10:35 PM
    thanks for the Post BBB78,

they will not put me on the BES, as they will only allow company owned phones to be on their network (i asked). I have put in a request for a company phone that has not been "justified", and therefore, essentially declined...

I guess my real question is why can my iTouch send/receive emails, and synchronize my folders, and Calendar ?!? through only my OWA credentials, but my BB cannot?
    11-11-10 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD