I just got a BB 8310 (ATT) used from a guy. I'm trying to set up email, but I only get the option to set up business email. I looked in the setup stuff, and his name and email address are all up in there, so that may be why I cannot get mine there.

Before I started to just willy nilly delete stuff, I figured I'd post here.

Thanks in advance for the help
    08-20-09 07:54 PM
    Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan?
    08-20-09 09:06 PM
    If I got a used Blackberry, the first thing I would do is do a wipe of the handheld so you can start fresh and not have another users information

To do a wipe go into the options, go to security options, general settings and then press the BB button again and select wipe handheld.

I would start with this and then try and set up your email after that, of course make sure you have a Blackberry data plan.
    08-20-09 09:12 PM
    Yes, I do have a blackberry data plan, so it should work.
    08-20-09 10:04 PM
    you need to call AT&T and have them switch you to BIS, sounds like they have you on BES
    08-20-09 10:06 PM
    I did the wipe, still no luck. still only getting 'i want to use a work email account with a blackberry enterprise server.
    08-20-09 10:18 PM
    and i went to att and did the registering thing on the internet. still no luck
    08-20-09 11:16 PM
    The message you are getting in your OP indicates the the BIS plan is not properly set up on your account. Call Customer Service to have them fix your account.
    08-21-09 06:22 AM
    I called them and here's the thing. It's a prepaid plan. Now they told me with a blackberry, pic message won't work with a blackberry, nor will internet or email. Thing is, internet DOES work, as does pic mail, but I just can't figure out the friggin email.

So I'm wondering if I'm just fubared.
    08-21-09 10:02 AM
    That's why I specified that you must have a BLACKBERRY data plan in order to get push email. And you apparently do not have that plan so you will not be able to get push email until you do.
    08-21-09 10:59 AM
    I called them and here's the thing. It's a prepaid plan. Now they told me with a blackberry, pic message won't work with a blackberry, nor will internet or email. Thing is, internet DOES work, as does pic mail, but I just can't figure out the friggin email.

So I'm wondering if I'm just fubared.
    You have identifed the issue, there is no BIS support on the prepaid plan. You can not use Email, Messenger or most third party applications on a Data only plan.

You can use Voice and SMS text, like most other phones.

08-21-09 11:01 AM
    is there an app I can purchase to run my email from my BB?
    08-21-09 01:26 PM
    Nope. Sorry. You must have the correct data plan in order to get push email.
    08-21-09 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD