I took my first few pics today with my camera. I see the USB cable that came with myphone. how do I download my pics to my computer?

Do I have to download some software first?
    02-18-09 05:16 PM
    desktop manager. or if your pics are saved on your memory card, you dont even need to download the software, just plug in the phone with the usb and you can access your memory card through the phone on your computer.
    02-18-09 05:23 PM
    thanks but could you explain more? what is desktop manager and how do I use it?
    if I took a picture and can access it does that mean it is saved to memory card or not?
    02-18-09 05:30 PM
    on your bb, go to camera > options.. towards the bottom, there's a "store pictures:".. see if it is set to "on media card". if it is, then you know that when you take a pic, it is saved to the media card.

if your pics are on the media card, then when you plug your phone into your computer via the usb cord, you'll be prompted to open the files of your media card and can access your pics there. if your pics arent on the media card, then you'll need to download desktop manager: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

download the "desktop software v4.6," as that is the best one for the 8310. with this software, you'll be able to transfer files from your phone to your comp via the usb cable.
    02-18-09 05:52 PM
    got it installed, thanks. but now, how do I transfer? do I have to "syncronize" first? all I plan on doing is transferring pics? what do I do now?

also, is my phone charging anytime the usb is hooked up to the computer?
    02-18-09 06:54 PM
    yes, your phone charges whenever it is connected to a pc via the usb cable.

i believe you go to media loader.. not sure. i have actually never used desktop manager to transfer pics and music, but i know that you can. try media loader or file manager or anything to that extent.

and no, i dont believe you have to sync it.
    02-18-09 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD