Because of security reasons I need to do IMAP without going though a BB server like BIS or BES. Is there any software that integrates with the Curve and can fetch email and put it into the BB inbox?
    04-25-09 09:02 AM
    Not that I know of. If it is IMAP and the security of the BIS and BB in general, you should be okay. Unless the where ever the email source is, does not allow outside monitoring.

If this is case the source may not your mail going to an outside source. If you get it to and it is related to a job, you might place your job in jepardy. In todays world this might not be a good thing
    04-25-09 09:05 AM
    The source is a Govt server and it does not allow BB BIS or BES to get email since the BB servers store the passwords and it is considered a security risk. I have used LogicMail but it only works to fetch the mail and it does not integrate with the BB program on the cell.
    04-25-09 09:19 AM
    That makes sence, since it involves the govt, I do not think there is going to a lot of options. There is one I can think of, but I doubt they will allow it. Set up a VZW.blackerry.net email on the BIS. Then if your IT will allow this, set a fwd a copy rule in your exchange profile. This way you are not storing your email password for their server on the BIS.
    04-25-09 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD