ok so sometimes my keys when pressed give me the worng letters like there are 4 different keys that give me the combo wl i mean this gets old fast esp when my phone is locked and i cant get in to it bc i cannot type the correct letters i have call att and have rebooted the phone i have even reinstalled the newest software from blackberry for my curve 8310btw att wants to give me a warranty exchange i said **** no i have only had the phone since feb i want a brand new phone r let me out of my contract and i will buy a new one myself i dont care but i do not want someone elses problems= a refurbished phone help
    phrankey
    08-03-08 09:39 AM
    I would get the refurbished phone. I doubt you will have any problems with it and if you do then they should exchange it till you get a working model.
    08-03-08 09:43 AM
    If it is a device issue then to have warr honored you need to send your phone to RIM. This will take most likely 4-6 weeks. They will tear it apart, fix it and send it back to you. Oh yes this does constitute a refurbished phone as well.

Again I will say: if you take your 3 month old car to the dealer as the engine blew up due to mfg defect, do you think they are giong to give a new car? Nope they will replace the engine.
    08-03-08 09:44 AM
    Again I will say: if you take your 3 month old car to the dealer as the engine blew up due to mfg defect, do you think they are giong to give a new car? Nope they will replace the engine.
    You, my fellow 505'er speak great truth. Same with Apple iPhones that are over so many months old, they'll swap the phone for a refurb, I don't see what the big deal is...
    08-03-08 10:12 AM
    It couild be what I call fat finger syndrome. I get it sometimes. Fingers are too big for the tiny keys.
    08-03-08 10:27 AM
    Or it could be the result of water getting into the keyboard, that happened to me when I spilled coffee into my keyboard
    08-03-08 10:42 AM
    I had the same problem a few months ago, very frustrating. I called 1800 801 1101. Which I think is Blackberry support (could be ATT but I don't think it was). They sent me a NEW phone, no questions asked.
    08-03-08 10:57 AM
    I just had something similar happen to me yesterday. Everytime I'd click my trackball it would enter "Uo". It was so frustrating! I did multiple battery pulls, alt shift del, and still nothing. I thought my phone was done. I had to leave the house, so while I was out I did another battery pull and it went back to normal. When I came home, the next time I wanted to send a text message it started happening again. I thought about it and the only thing that had changed was that I plugged in my bluetooth dongle in my notebook. I shut down my notebook, did a battery pull, and it went back to normal. The problem has not resurfaced.

I'm not sure if it's just coinsidence or maybe a bug with bluetooth and 4.5.0.55. Kinda scared right now, but it did happen twice within a one hour span, and has not returned now for 24 hours after not firing up the bluetooth dongle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 11:19 AM
    fat fingers ?????? ok might be an issure if i were in that area of the letters coming up but the keys that i press and what comes on my screen no where near one another the bluetooth idea hmmm but i only use blue tooth in the car and it seems to happen everywhere now at first it happened like once a week now it happens severeal times a day and i kno that i have not gotten h2o in the phone so i dunno
    08-03-08 11:50 AM
    I've been havin the same problems I get yi sometimes my letters my menu key my talk key its horrible after talking with tmobile the said they will send me another phone she had me check a lil white square near the battery and if it was pink that meant water damage but u can check water damage like that I didn't have any my square was white. I would just get the refurbished phone it still holds a warranty and you won't have to deal with this problem anymore

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD