I just got a replacement 8330 curve (my old one developed a screen failure and half of the screen had fade lines). I have been religiously backing up my curve as well as synchronzing on a daily basis.

When I got my new Curve- I was able to sucessfully transfer all of my data from my old Curve over. Now when I go to connect my BB to my computer- it will not recognize the new 8330. When I connect into the USB port- the icon pops up to show that it is connected but the destop manager no longer recognizes my Curve. I've tried all the basic connection tests, checking the ports, etc. I find it weird since it worked fine when I transferred all of my data.

Can anyone help? I admit I am still a complete newbie with any software / device connections.
    10-23-08 10:18 PM
    Does your new BB have the same OS as the old (ie. did you install 4.5 on the old one and the new one has an older OS)? If so you may need to reinstall the drivers. Also I have had connection issues that were solved by changing USB ports.
    10-23-08 10:34 PM
    I ended up uninstalling the desktop software and reinstalling. Works great now. Thanks!
    10-24-08 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD