Hi guys,
    I am having hard time getting this question answered. I have these stupid sample pictures taking up space in my BB 8320. I was wondering if there is any way to delete them. As I go into the media and my picture and preloaded pictures I can view them and also have a small lock on the pictures (that means that they are locked, right?)
    I am hoping someone in here knows how to unlock them and delete them.
    Please Help !!!
    12-26-07 09:47 PM
    Hi guys,
    I am having hard time getting this question answered. I have these stupid sample pictures taking up space in my BB 8320. I was wondering if there is any way to delete them. As I go into the media and my picture and preloaded pictures I can view them and also have a small lock on the pictures (that means that they are locked, right?)
    I am hoping someone in here knows how to unlock them and delete them.
    Please Help !!!
    I take it back.
    Last edited by Strontium; 12-26-07 at 09:58 PM. Reason: .
    12-26-07 09:52 PM
    download and install your BB OS from HERE move the following out of
    C:\program files\common files\research in motion\Shared\Loader Files\ (YOUR OS VERSION) \Java into some other folder elsewhere. make a unused folder and move that stuff in there in case you need to place it back in.

net_rim_bb_media_8320_320x240_b.cod (These are the dumb pictures)
    net_rim_bb_media_tunebundles_sonicnetworks.cod or net_rim_bb_media_tunebundles_qualcomm.cod (these are BB ringtones)

Once you're done moving files around:
    1) Open the Desktop Manager
    2) Click on Application Loader , click Next
    3) Click Next again
    4) You'll see some items its going to delete , Click Finish and let it do its thing
    5) The blackberry will reboot and just check your memory.

PS: Don't get all "delete happy" and start removing stuff you do not know about, back up your device before these changes..and one more thing...I'm not responsible if you brick your blackberry nor is crackberry, this is all on you
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 12-26-07 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Strontium made a great point...install the OS first
    12-26-07 09:53 PM
    move the following out of
    C:\program files\common files\research in motion\Shared\Loader Files\ (YOUR OS VERSION) \Java into some other folder elsewhere. make a unused folder and move that stuff in there in case you need to place it back in.

net_rim_bb_media_8320_320x240_b.cod (These are the dumb pictures)

Once you're done moving files around:
    1) Open the Desktop Manager
    2) Click on Application Loader , click Next
    3) Click Next again
    4) You'll see some items its going to delete , Click Finish and let it do its thing
    5) The blackberry will reboot and just check your memory.

PS: Don't get all "delete happy" and start removing stuff you do not know about, back up your device before these changes..and one more thing...I'm not responsible if you brick your blackberry nor is crackberry, this is all on you
    Great reply. Please mention, to him/her, that they need to download and install the OS first
    12-26-07 10:00 PM
    Great reply. Please mention, to him/her, that they need to download and install the OS first

Indeed, noted and information applied to post with download link
    12-26-07 10:06 PM
    Thanks for a real quick response Bla1ze. I looked for the file you mentioned in Java folder but there is no such file, although there is file name net_rim_bb_media_320x240_b.cod. I am assuming this is the one? I will wait for your response before removing that file.
    Thanks again !
    12-26-07 10:09 PM
    Thanks for a real quick response Bla1ze. I looked for the file you mentioned in Java folder but there is no such file, although there is file name net_rim_bb_media_320x240_b.cod. I am assuming this is the one? I will wait for your response before removing that file.
    Thanks again !
    Blaize just bowed, to you. I, myself, told you to F off while I opened a beer.

cheers.
    12-27-07 03:55 AM
    can someone please tell me how to open the operating system so that i can the file to delete pictures please?
    12-27-07 10:07 AM
    Blaize just bowed, to you. I, myself, told you to F off while I opened a beer.

cheers.

HUH!??!!!
    12-27-07 12:23 PM
    can someone please tell me how to open the operating system so that i can the file to delete pictures please?
    What do you mean "open the operating system?"
    just follow the link given by bla1ze and install it on your PC then navigate to the Java folder via the first second post.
    I am just waiting for him to reply or confirm if the file I see is correct.
    12-27-07 12:54 PM
    HUH!??!!!
    Too much beer, not enough sleep. Sorry.
    12-27-07 02:51 PM
    Thanks a million.
    12-27-07 03:55 PM
    Great post!

Those silly pictures were driving me nuts.
    01-12-08 10:18 PM
    I had the same problem and chnging stuff on the registry or what ever is calles make me a little nervous. I got SureWipe from Mobylo and it took care of that problem and others. Really simple. I recommend. it.
    Hope this helps.
    01-13-08 12:07 PM
    Thank you...
    01-13-08 01:34 PM
    Where would I download the OS for my Sprint 8130 to get the pictures off? The link you gave was for T Mobile....
    02-05-08 01:04 AM
    quite possibly, sprint/nextel's website?
    02-05-08 01:21 AM
    Yes! Definitely a HUGE thank you! I've been looking for this info forever!
    02-11-08 11:23 AM
    thank you so much for this!!! it worked great!
    05-26-08 09:45 AM
    FYI.....for a sprint 8330, the file is called net_rim_bb_media_320x240_b
    01-05-09 12:30 PM
    can i use MaxMem to do this?? cause they have the options to delete all sample medias (i believe that include the sample pics)??anyone?
    01-05-09 12:40 PM
    you could use max mem...maxmem literally does the same thing...but just automates the process.

this is just doing what maxmem would do manually

IMO...if I am going to delete something that may cause my BB to brick, I rather do it manually rather than having some program do it
    01-05-09 12:44 PM
    Use crackmem, there is a *put it back* feature, with maxmem, I dont think there is, unless you have a previous back up.

FYI - I wouldnt touch the preloaded ringtones or themes other than the carrier. The berry needs a platform to run those off. A poster here took the ringtones off and now his vibrate doesnt work.. other problems reported with users taking off all the dimension themes.

But..

Your phone, do what you will
    01-05-09 12:46 PM
    Thanks Guys!
    01-05-09 12:49 PM
    If you have 4.5 the preloaded pics are gone. I would just update if i were you...
    01-05-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD