Hi Everyone,
    Well, I have a Curve 8320 (Tmo), It's running OS 4.5.55, and it was working fine up until yesterday. Yesterday I did a sync with PocketMac and Everything seemed to be ok, but after the sync, my BB would work for about 1 minute or 2 and then freeze. It would stay frozen for about 15 minutes and then go blank and reboot. It's been CONSTANTLY doing this every since yesterday's sync.

The freezing details are that the trackball doesn't move anything. And the time doesn't change (stuck at the time it was frozen), but what's wierd is that you'll sometimes see (the data symbols on the top right corner, you know where it means that you're either getting or sending data). And also when you press the shift or alt buttons, the symbol appears. So it's like it's not 100% frozen. It's halfway frozen.

ANY HELP would be MUCH appreciated.

Thank you all.
    09-17-08 11:05 AM
    Have you tried pulling the battery with the phone on? Leave it out for about 30 seconds and put it back. If the phone reboots ok, you're good to go. If it doesn't, you need to look in the Newbies / BlackBerry Tips, How to, & FAQ Forum for the procedure to recover a dead blackberry.
    09-17-08 05:08 PM
    My blackberry 8320 just started freezing today. I reboot use the phone then if I leave for 1 min and go back to it and its completely frozen. I have not installed anything for a few days now and this just started happening.
    09-29-08 05:51 PM
    My blackberry 8320 just started freezing today. I reboot use the phone then if I leave for 1 min and go back to it and its completely frozen. I have not installed anything for a few days now and this just started happening.
    What is your Free Memory? Options / Status / File Free:
    If your value is less than 12 000 000 bytes, then you need to perform the Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. If your device is new, it's loaded with unneeded files that the MOP helps you remove. That will help you free up memory and give you a more stable system. All these pre-loaded files are the reason you can have problems, even though you may not have loaded anything yourself.
    09-29-08 08:02 PM
    You need to reload the software and if it doesn't correct it you need to reload OS from carrier and get exchange if under warranty
    09-29-08 08:16 PM
    i had 9 mb free, then i wiped then i downgraded to 4.5(55) and now i have 27mb free and no aftermarket software and its still freezing. Can i exchange even though i bought it on-line?
    09-29-08 09:05 PM
    Thank you all for your help. This was one big pain in the ***.

So after 1 OS Downgrade and a couple wipes, Calling fido to Change my SIM Card to a new one and a call to blackberry finding out that since I bought it on Ebay the could probably only replace it with a refurbished phone for $250, plus it would come back locked. So there was no way I was going to have any of that!

So after all of that I figured it out it is my 4GB memory card doing all of this crap. I don't know why, I don't know how.... Maybe a virus? Anyhow I am reformatting the card and testing it out. We'll See how that goes.
    09-30-08 02:21 PM
    good luck.
    09-30-08 03:10 PM
    There are no BlackBerry viruses, but it's always a good idea to format a media card before you use it. There could be pre-installed malware that could spread to your PC if you copy a file to the media card and back again. In other words, there could be a PC virus lurking on the media card that's harmless to the BlackBerry, but could spread to your PC. Of course, your PC a/v software should catch it.
    09-30-08 03:55 PM
    2 Days everything is going very well! Formatted card worked, was even able to reinstall everything back on with no problems.
    10-02-08 01:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD