SO i am ********....

I did the OS upgrade and 3rd party backup with the wipe but forgot to sync my contacts... I am not too SOL though....

My contacts are stored on my schools online exchange email account. I have it pushed to my phone, but how do I sync the contacts with that?

keep in mind, the email interface is all in browser (for example, the site is mymail.schoolname.edu)
    03-12-09 02:01 PM
    If you did the upgrade, there should be no reason why your contacts didnt restore.. do you have a back up? if So, restore it.
    03-12-09 02:08 PM
    Also the SMS Text icon on the desktop is gone, and it's not hidden when I go to Show All.
    03-12-09 02:09 PM
    If you did the upgrade, there should be no reason why your contacts didnt restore.. do you have a back up? if So, restore it.
    Thats the thing I forgot to back it up

On the upgrade instruction list I completely ignored step 1. I am now kicking myself in the face, but luckily the contacts are saved somewhere instead of nowhere, I just need help on getting them off my exchange online access
    Last edited by GrassrootsMU; 03-12-09 at 02:18 PM.
    03-12-09 02:10 PM
    When did you last do a back up...

Im wondering why it still didnt transfer with your new OS..
    03-12-09 02:18 PM
    When did you last do a back up...

Im wondering why it still didnt transfer with your new OS..
    I hadn't ever done one...the phone is a week old maybe and it came with the older OS
    03-12-09 02:21 PM
    Dang. One week - and you're doing OS upgrades, wipe / restore, and 3rd party apps back up. Dude - I'm nominating you for "crackhead of thr year".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 02:25 PM
    Dang. One week - and you're doing OS upgrades, wipe / restore, and 3rd party apps back up. Dude - I'm nominating you for "crackhead of thr year".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well I had a WIndows Mobile phone before this and it was more complicated than this........

ANyone help? I can do it manually but thats alot of contacts!
    03-12-09 02:26 PM
    Im still baffled as to why during the upgrade it didnt restore your contacts, unless... you didnt have them there to begin with.. where they ON the curve before the upgrade?
    03-12-09 02:46 PM
    ANd during the upgrade it does an auto back up for you..I forget the name of the file, hmmmmm
    03-12-09 02:47 PM
    Look for a file named LoaderBackup-(2009-xx-xx).ipd where the date in the parentheses is the date you loaded the OS.
    03-12-09 05:07 PM
    if you are missing the txt message ability.... have the service books sent to your phone again..... don't know why it didn't carry over your contacts..... that is why you should always back up your phone........
    03-12-09 05:15 PM
    ANd during the upgrade it does an auto back up for you..I forget the name of the file, hmmmmm
    Look for a file named LoaderBackup-(2009-xx-xx).ipd where the date in the parentheses is the date you loaded the OS.
    You guys are lifesavers. The loaderbackup file was buried in some weird folder.

HELLLL YEA!
    03-12-09 05:24 PM
    I knew it was somewhere LOL I couldnt remember off hand, and I dont have the upgrade back up on my computer, I since removed that and have a regular back up.

So, you have your contacts?
    03-12-09 05:34 PM
    if you are missing the txt message ability.... have the service books sent to your phone again..... don't know why it didn't carry over your contacts..... that is why you should always back up your phone........
    I figured that one out, thanks thpugh. IN the messages folder i just clicked seperate email and MMS.
    03-12-09 05:34 PM
    I knew it was somewhere LOL I couldnt remember off hand, and I dont have the upgrade back up on my computer, I since removed that and have a regular back up.

So, you have your contacts?
    Yes, I do! Thanks again!
    03-12-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD