I just updated the software on my BB and it wiped all of my pictures. Now I'm stuck looking at the boring Verizon homescreen. I have no clue how to put wallpapers on my BB. Please help a newbie!
    03-19-09 03:30 PM
    If you are talking about the preloaded pics and videos, they aren't included with the newer OS versions to save on memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 03:36 PM
    You can download wallpaper pics to your BB right here on CB. Click on the wallpaper tab at the top of the forum page and select the Curve wallpaper link.

03-19-09 03:38 PM
    How do I get them from my computer to my BB? It even wiped the pics I had taken...
    03-19-09 03:44 PM
    If you have a media card - enable mass storage mode on the BB options>media card>mass storage mode support = ON. Once you have done that its as simple as plugging in the device (via the USB cord) and dragging and dropping what you wish to and from the BB/PC. Treat it like you would any other flash/removable drive. Browse "my computer" and look for blackberry listed as one of the drives (where you see C:, D:, E: etc) or just mail them to yourself if you wish..... First way is easiest way.
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-19-09 at 03:48 PM.
    03-19-09 03:46 PM
    Have you installed the desktop manager software that comes with the phone?

03-19-09 03:48 PM
    Thank you so much! I hate having to look at a factory loaded bs wallpaper!
    03-19-09 03:48 PM
    No, I haven't D5... I just did the update from a website given to me by Verizon.... Should I?
    03-19-09 03:49 PM
    You should have it for backups at the very least but for this particular case its not needed. DM 4.6 is what you want from blackberry.com when you get one. If you have a media card, with mass storage mode on as I suggested you can get 4.6 without media manager, you dont need media manager its useless.....
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-19-09 at 03:55 PM.
    03-19-09 03:51 PM
    Yes you should you could have backed up all your stuff before upgrading that alone would have saved you some hassles. Plus there is a lot more that you can do with it.

03-19-09 03:53 PM
    It's unusual for an OS upgrade to delete your pics that you took yourself.

I take it you don't have any backups? Download Desktop Manager from blackberry.com, Software, Desktop Software. I recommend DM v4.6 for the Curve. Then get in the habit of making a backup of your BB regularly, and esp before doing upgrades and installing apps. Then if things go wrong you have the option to restore things to your BB from your backup files.

03-19-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD