HI all, got a dual sim blackberry (think it's an 8310) from china...

Put in my digicel sim card and it works fine...can make and receive calls, camera works, flash card works etc...However my carrier says they cant read it as a blackberry...I know it's probably a clone and a dam good one too...but can the 8310 OS work on it ? If so, I would like to upgrade as I cant connect to the internet.

Oh yeh, I live in Jamaica.

peace
    09-22-09 10:25 PM
    Its def a knockoff. Dual sim card slot 8310 does not exist. Trying to install the 8310 OS would not work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 10:31 PM
    so what can I do ? Need to acces the internet...it has wap and http capabilities...what do i need?
    09-22-09 10:34 PM
    does i even have the blackberry software on it ? It looks and acts like a blackberry but I cant get the software version...
    09-22-09 10:36 PM
    It doesn't access the mobile web at all? Check the settings on it or if you don't have mobile web as part of your plan give your carrier a call and they'll add it to your mobile bill. I'm not sure how the mobile web exactly works on those kinds of devices. No the clone you have does not have blackberry software

09-22-09 10:43 PM
    So it's a Blueberry, not a Blackberry?

09-23-09 12:03 AM
    Dual sim card? That's got to be strawberry.

09-23-09 01:52 AM
    Not very funny guys....I know it's a clone...it was a gift from a friend who went to china, it's obvious that she was conned into buying it as a blackberry...on the good side she only paid US$50 for it unlocked....

So now I have this phone and I want to know what can be done to it to make it more functional....can blackberry messaging software be loaded onto it...is there a website dedicated to china clone blackberries ? I just want to be able to connect to the net...and maybe do messaging... I already have my own phone samsung I900 omnia touch screen (wonderful phone in my opinion)...so I am not desprate for a phone...just want to know if I should throw this blue/red/green/purple berry phone in the garbage or it has some use...
    09-23-09 09:17 AM
    No, you cannot use Blackberry messaging on your phone. Since BBM reaches and connects through BB pins you do not have capabilities in BBM-ing. So I guess really the only thing you can do with your phone is just really using it as a regular phone. Calling, texting, pictures, etc.
    09-23-09 09:21 AM
    No you can't put any blackberry OS nor apps on the phone. China dual simcard phones uses their own 'OS' but usually they support java platform software. If it has wap and browser feature then you should be able to connect to the internet or download java based instant messaging app for your phone for chat. That's, of
    course, if you have data plan.

09-23-09 10:18 AM
    The easiest way for you is to take the phone to your local carrier and ask them to fill in the phone's browser parameter settings bla bla bla, it's carrier specific and seems like your phone doesn't come with auto detect settings like nokia cellphones. After that you can download tons of java apps from getjar.com or you can google java apps on your phone browser.

09-23-09 10:34 AM
    The easiest way for you is to take the phone to your local carrier and ask them to fill in the phone's browser parameter settings bla bla bla, it's carrier specific and seems like your phone doesn't come with auto detect settings like nokia cellphones. After that you can download tons of java apps from getjar.com or you can google java apps on your phone browser.

Ok but if it's not a blackberry and it uses it's own OS, then what java apps should I download....the getjar.com only allows you to download java apps for a specific phone...and I do not know what phone I have, so I do not know which java app to downlaod !
    09-23-09 11:12 AM
    LOL you might want to check on the box to see what phone you have. You can also try to click on the specific app you want to add, and if you can't find your phone type there see if there's any phone type with the same screen resolution (I think its 320x240). I see a lot of china blackberry clone phone which has ebuddy chat app, even facebook mobile and opera mini on it.

09-23-09 11:22 AM
    The phone came in a black box...no writing on the box...

The phone has the name blackberry on the front and looks like the 8310, but it's dual sim and touch screen and has full qwerty keyboard also. The track ball is not a track ball but rather an OK button. The back of the phone (where the battery sits) has in a blackberry sticker with model number and serial number etc...the OS looks like the blackberry....it has all the blackberry berries (front and back) etc....a very good china clone even has 3.2 camera, video recording, mp3 playback and trans card slot....but due to the fact that it's a dual sim (and blackberry does not make dual sim phones I know it;s a clone)...so what I want to know is: when getting software for the blackberry clone phone's what phone do you indicate as the phone when downloading java software ?
    09-23-09 11:56 AM
    Post pics of clone

09-23-09 12:28 PM
    Well that's tough. You see, most of China clone phones comes from one, or two, or maybe three major manufacturers. They wholesale their products unbranded and let the big buyers use their own brand names. So its kinda hard to tell because 'everyone' seems to have the right to brand the phones they sell. Try to look for a brand that doesn't sound familiar to you, that might just work or simply download the app for nokia e63, for example, and see if it works, if it doesn't you just have to delete it nothing to loose anyway.

09-23-09 12:44 PM
    ok..I am getting the pics for you to see the phone..
    09-23-09 02:05 PM
    See pics of my clone blackberry china phone...

09-23-09 02:17 PM
    Clone of the 8900. Not the 8310
    09-23-09 02:43 PM
    Ok so it's a clone of the 8900...which does not really help me much since it's not a blackberry anyway ! All the sites I go to download java internet software ask you to enter your phone......it really sucks since my phone has no real name.....well i guess it's trial an error from now on........

respect and thanks for the help..
    09-23-09 03:12 PM
    yea advice never buyany phones from china 98% will be knockoffs
    09-23-09 03:39 PM
    it definately will support the paperweight mode app

09-23-09 03:59 PM
    yea advice never buyany phones from china 98% will be knockoffs
    Well I got it as a gift from a friend who visited china...so I did not buy it from china...
    09-24-09 09:56 AM
    it definately will support the paperweight mode app

Not very funny.......i will use it as a back up phone anyway...my current phone the samsung i900 omnia is great...especially the 5 megpix camera, the processor speed, lots of memory, windows modile software is simply the best and it came with the latest veriosn of opera browser, plus the touch screen is great...I am yet to find a blackberry to compare...

Now thats funny.......
    09-24-09 10:08 AM
    Yeah stick to your Samsung and use your Crapberry (no offense) as a back up phone. Knock off phones from China are the biggest pieces of well you know what ever!
    09-24-09 01:46 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD