So, I have been up all night reading about other people's problems with this that are similar if not identical to mine. I have tried what seems like every tip or trick to fix this problem with no results. I need to know if this is something I am going to be able to fix or if I should just give up.
    I am a new BB user. I recently switched from the Samsung Delve to the BB Curve 8330. I had GPS on my Delve and loved it. This was something that was very important for me to have on my new BB. My carrier assured me that it would have GPS and told me that it would be better than the Easy Edge method of GPS that I had been using on my Delve.
    Well, it does not work on my BB. I go to Maps, then Find Location and it proceeds to say Searching for Satellites. It never finds them. The screen will say this until I exit completely. I have left it to "Find Satellites" for up to a half hour. I have done this inside, outside, by a window, in my car, during the day, at night, and everything in between. No results. My Location is set to ON. My permission settings are all right. I even did the GPS test. (i.e. Options, Status, type 'test' and then Start Fixing.) Still, nothing. I think I already had it but I even updated to a possible pre-existing version of 4.5OS. I would not personally have a problem running an external GPS program or app but I understands from my readings that is not going to be possible either. There have been hundreds of posts with people experiencing the same difficulties as I, and only a small handful who were able to fix their prob.
    Is it my phone? Is it my carrier? Have I not tried everything there is to try? What should I do? Please help!!!

New and Wholesomely Confused Blackberry User,
    Sherri
    07-05-09 06:49 AM
    The problem is almost certainly with your carrier's GPS capability. There have been numerous posts from USCellular users with GPS problems. One option is to run an external GPS puck, such as the Freedom Keychain 2000. That frees you from reliance on your carrier, at the expense of having to buy and use another device. But it works reasonably well. I used one with my Verizon 8830 until Verizon enabled the internal GPS for BBMaps.

There is also a thread on the forums that seems to have helped some people, here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/rea...v1-0-a-192999/. I have not used it and cannot vouch for it. Use it at your own risk.
    07-05-09 08:29 AM
    I have the same BB with the same problem from US cellular in Wisconsin. it sucks, GPS is the reason I wanted a BB in the first place!

Help!!!
    07-05-09 10:27 AM
    i am having the same problem with Alltel.
    07-30-09 03:16 PM
    i am having the same problem with Alltel.
    I responded to your other thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/prev...remove-282702/
    07-30-09 03:23 PM
    I Use Sprint Navigation And Have No Issues. Never Tried Bb Maps Tho!!
    07-30-09 04:01 PM
    The problem is the 8330m (you probably have the 8330m and not just the 8330). It is a known issue with the 8330m. If you go tot he USCC forum, you'll see several possible solutions to get it to work. I got my wife's GPS to work on her 8330m using the advice in the USCC forum.
    07-30-09 05:24 PM
    I am a verizon wireless user and every time I turn on a GPS program my phone powers off. I am a fairly new user, how do I use or get to BBMAPS?
    07-31-09 07:26 AM
    I am a verizon wireless user and every time I turn on a GPS program my phone powers off. I am a fairly new user, how do I use or get to BBMAPS?
    There's something seriously wrong with your phone if running bbmaps causes it to immediately power off. If the phone is new, return it for a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD