Here's the deal. I updated my phone with the one in the sticky a few weeks ago.
    Now my brother got a BlackBerry and I'm trying to update his to the official T-Mo version. First I deleted the old version of 4.5, the unofficial one. Then I downloaded and installed the T-Mo version. When I hook up his phone to DM it doesn't recognize the update. I can't even get it to go manually. I had no trouble with mine using the unofficial version and crackmem. Why can't I do this the simple way?
    10-28-08 05:21 PM
    try restarting the computer and doing a battery pull... if that doesn;t help. try reinstalling the os..... if that doesn;t work, delete the vendor.xml file
    10-28-08 05:24 PM
    Hi Tardman. Did you definately download the right OS for the device? A silly question I know but worth double checking

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 05:27 PM
    Yeah, I downloaded the right OS. I restarted the computer, and I tried reinstalling the OS. I'll try a battery pull.
    Is there a file I should look for on the computer to manually upgrade this thing? I shouldn't have to delete the vendor.xml file because it's the official T-Mobile version for his brand new T-Mobile phone that he got yesterday.
    10-28-08 05:31 PM
    What error does it give, or nothing at all?

If the app loader doesnt intialize alone, you also may have to do it manally.. just a thought..
    10-28-08 05:35 PM
    Sounds odd to me. Just delete the vendor.xml and try it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 05:38 PM
    did deleting the vendor.xml do the trick?
    10-28-08 05:55 PM
    No, I didn't delete it. I just used Crackmem to open DM and it finally recognized it. Weird...
    10-28-08 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD