Im a BB newbie...Im having problems uploading applications using the DM. I downloaded something for handango and from this site and it says its not recognizing anything for my phone. The error message says theres a syntax error on line 1....What am I doing wrong? I have the latest version of the DM also..Please help!!
    Thanks in advance!
    01-06-08 10:31 PM
    1. Do you have your handheld OS also loaded to your PC?
    2. What is the file format you are attempting to load? It should be an *.alx file, with a *.cod file. If the file you downloaded from Handango is a zip file, you will need to unzip it, and it should contain an alx and cod file.

Good luck.
    01-06-08 10:35 PM
    How do I download my OS to my PC??
    And I unzip the files but the DM doesnt recognize it...
    01-06-08 11:37 PM
    You can download your BB os from here

as for the files, desktop manager is not recognizing them due to the fact you need to have the OS installed on your PC, this is/has been a known issue..when the OS is installed you should be able to unzip th files, click on the "application loader" and browse to/load the *.alx file fine.

Also, just to make sure...are you positive the application you downloaded was specifically for your device?
    01-06-08 11:40 PM
    I think so, In Handango I specified for my model number and it gave me all the applications/software that apply, so Im assuming it was ....?? lol

Thank you so much for your help, Im going to download the OS...
    01-06-08 11:45 PM
    Ok, hope it all works for you, post back to let us know
    01-06-08 11:56 PM
    Yay it worked!! wooohoo! Thank you sooo much!!
    01-07-08 12:11 AM
    Your quite welcome
    01-07-08 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD