Hi,
    I do have 8310 AT&T and sometimes when I want to make a call, it says "Call Failed". Sometimes though not always.
    I called AT&T and they said that it must be the phone.

What should I do?

Thank you very much
    01-28-09 06:31 PM
    I would try and do a battery pull for about 10 seconds and see if when the phone reboots if it does the same thing.
    01-28-09 06:33 PM
    Does it related to the OS?
    01-28-09 06:36 PM
    Does it do it when your leaving a wifi spot? Is it only when in wifi or in edge?
    01-28-09 06:39 PM
    Could be the network.
    01-28-09 06:59 PM
    Yea it could be lastraid. I'm just asking to see if it is a wifi related problem with the bold. You know all about the UMA handoff problems alot of us Tmo users were having..lol
    01-28-09 07:02 PM
    Happens to me quite a bit as well. It seems that it only happens when another call was about to come in as I was dialing out, or when I would get a text at the same time. Only figured out the whole making a call and call failed thing when I got the "wassup with your phone, I just tried to call you" from whoever. Rarely happens, but using 2000+ min a month for strictly BS and no business what's the chances ya know. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 04:42 AM
    It seems that it only happens when another call was about to come in as I was dialing out, or when I would get a text at the same time.
    This.

My girlfriend and I have a habit of calling each other at the same time. Often, we call, get "Call Failed," immediately redial and get it a second and third time untill one of us gets through to the other. It's like a race.
    01-29-09 05:38 AM
    I got the same problem. Lately about 80% of calls are being dropped. Sometimes I have to dial 3-4 times to get connected. I seriously doubt its OS related. Damn ATT!!!

01-29-09 06:16 AM
    I have the same issue with Tmo. CSR said "3 to 4 bars in most buildings in your area."

Obviously most buildings did not include my house. I do find that sometimes the way I hold the phone can make the difference between a dropped call and a completed call. If I hold the phone around the bottom it will drop it in a heartbeat!

Sometimes I use the earbuds handsfree thing that came with the curve and hold the phone bottom side up... Great reception through the whole house with 0 dropped calls.

Don't know if any of this will help. But anythings worth a shot when it comes to better reception.

01-29-09 06:25 AM
    I would try doing a batt pull, but as some of the others have stated it may just be the network in that specific location.
    01-29-09 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD