Hello.

I accidentally wiped my 8330 today because it asked me for the password too many times. Now I have a white screen saying JVM Error 513.

I have seen answers to this questions but I am new to Blackberry and don't know a lot about computers in general and everything. Can someone give me a simple step by step of what to do?
    06-02-08 09:52 PM
    You try using the search function on this site. Here you go: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/jvm...startup-30480/
    06-02-08 10:11 PM
    I did. Every response had technical terms I didn't even know what they were talking about.
    06-02-08 10:19 PM
    Yikes... not a good start! On the bright side, since you just got it, it's not like anything really got erased right? LOL... hope you get it fixed soon!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-02-08 10:21 PM
    I did. Every response had technical terms I didn't even know what they were talking about.
    So what your saying is that you followed this STEP by STEP detailed instructions thread (BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com) with pictures and all and you still did not understand it? I find this thread extremely easy and helpful, after all my younger sister followed it and helped her out just fine.
    06-02-08 10:24 PM
    Well reloading the OS is not a very simple process. You need to have some knowledge of the terms used and some technical ability. If you haven't done anything yet, I would first suggest doing a battery pull. With the BlackBerry ON, pull out the battery. Wait for a minute and reinstall the battery. Do not interrupt the white screen and see if it loads up properly. If it is still giving you the same message I would take the BlackBerry back to Verizon and have them either fix it for you or give you a replacement.

If you don't know how to and/or don't want to try and reinstall the OS, this is probably your best bet. If you do want to try and reinstall the OS, you can PM me and we can go from there or I can give you my phone number and walk you through it that way.

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-02-08 10:28 PM
    gs,

No I didn't see this thread. Is there really a specific job of THAT GUY to be a **** on any internet forum?

Marine39,

Thanks, I'll see what I can do. If not I'll brb.
    06-02-08 10:33 PM
    Found this on another site... worth a shot if nothing else works (before wiping and doing an OS install):

Turn on your phone and quickly scroll down to " Turn wireless off" or " Turn radio off". This has to be completed quickly before the phone connects to the network that you are using.
    Then go into your your BB browser (the globe on the screen for most).
    Then all you need to do is DELETE BROWSER CHANNELS. (Expand the section and then delete the channels)
    06-02-08 10:34 PM
    I am downloading the stuff to reinstall the OS now.
    06-02-08 10:38 PM
    I am downloading the stuff to reinstall the OS now.
    Sounds good man, this should definitely fix your berry. An extreme step, to be sure, but it will be worth it in the end. Hope everything goes smoothly for you. If you follow the 101 instructions, you should be just fine. If you need any help, just shoot me a PM and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-02-08 10:41 PM
    Kinda sucks cause I just got it about 4 hours ago but I guess thats what happens when you don't read the instructions and start messing around.
    06-02-08 10:44 PM
    gs,

No I didn't see this thread. Is there really a specific job of THAT GUY to be a **** on any internet forum?

Marine39,

Thanks, I'll see what I can do. If not I'll brb.
    Just trying to help, and point you to the right place, since that thread did help a lot of people before you. Good luck and i hope it works. and believe me, if i was right in front of you i would do it myself and help you out to show you step by step.
    06-02-08 10:44 PM
    Kinda sucks cause I just got it about 4 hours ago but I guess thats what happens when you don't read the instructions and start messing around.
    For get the instruction manual, its no help. Go to the NEWBIE tab at the top of this site and read the guide and lectures, and in no time you will be an addict.
    06-02-08 10:46 PM
    No problem. I did use the search tab I just didn't see this thread. Anyway... thanks for the help.
    06-02-08 11:07 PM
    Did it work? Is your BB up and running?
    06-02-08 11:09 PM
    I'm still downloading the necessary stuff. Took me a while to find the OS on my carrier website.
    06-02-08 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD