Hello

I have purchase the BB curve 8320, I have use it for one month now and its awesome, I can get my emails, listen to music, watch videos, and surf the web, suddenly my BB takes longer times of loading, sometimes i have to wait like 10 mins because is loading or is freezing, I thought it was running out of memory, so I Clean my Email inbox, and I clean also the memory in the memory cleaner menu, when I go to Options > Status, in file free it says *0 bytes* I turned off the bb and took the battery out then I put the battery again and re-started, now I have 9155804 bytes free, but it kept going down until 0 again, so i have to repeat the process for get able to do a Call,

next week I'm going to upgrade my SD card to a 8gb card, I know the problem is not the card because i have like 430 mb of free memory but I will buy it just to get more music in it

and last question can I install the apps in the SD card ???
    04-19-09 04:28 PM
    What you are describing is typical of the problems caused by low available memory. Any time "File Free" drops below 12 000 000 bytes, the phone will start deleting call logs and text messages without warning to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive, before you have had time to read them.

A battery pull recovers memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove the stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from the device's memory. The following procedure, originally written by Forums Moderator Reed McLay will guide you:

How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory

Also, if you have a Media Card, be sure to put pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that Media Card memory is not device memory. You have to keep your device memory above 12 000 000 bytes, regardless of the capacity of your Media Card or how much free space it has. Finally, you can't at this time run programs from a Media Card. Programs have to be installed in and executed in device memory.

You could also use a new app called Memory Eye to better monitor how much free space your device memory has. You can try it free for 2 days.
    Last edited by sunkast; 04-19-09 at 04:36 PM.
    04-19-09 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD