OKay so i got the 8350i. coming from the 7100i. my it guy is out of town and just wanted to know how i can find my setup info from the 7100i? For some reason i can receive all my emails and get all my calendar info but i can not send email.

thanks
    Chris
    01-06-09 11:04 AM
    Do you have Desktop Manager installed on a computer that is connected to your corp network?
    01-06-09 11:05 AM
    yes i have the desktop manager 4.7
    01-06-09 11:08 AM
    When you are connected to the network, plug in your new device, and it will ask if you want to switch from your old device to your new one. It will automatically activate you on the server.

That is, unless that features is blocked by your BES admin.
    01-06-09 11:15 AM
    that is how i switched everything through desktop manager. copied everything form old device to new device. thought that is all i had to do. was wondering if there is a way to check that it is working through BES? or is the redirector doing it. i get my emails right away but i can not send them at all.

thanks
    01-06-09 11:17 AM
    it keeps saying program unable to submit message
    01-06-09 11:18 AM
    Under options, advanced options, enterprise activations, what does your device show?

If your activated on your BES it should say something like "Desktop activated on" then the date it was activated.

If not then your new device is simply using the desktop manager to redirect messages to your device.
    01-06-09 01:25 PM
    Thank you two for trying to help. under activation it is all set up. i also deleted service records and deleted myself from the BES server and tried to reactivate myself. all went thru and i show up on the server module. still can't send email. even from my [email protected] account. i can't receive email from that account either. just my corporate account.
    they said tomorrow i will scale up in support
    01-06-09 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD