i just got my blackberry 8330 how do I get a ringtone on here.. I am going nuts listen to the phone ring like a phone ring..
    09-12-08 12:24 AM
    to change it, go to the icon for the sound, im with sprint and have the "L" theme so it on the bottom right, then go to advanced, then to browse if you have that option and change it, hope that helped you, I know you have verizion but theirs is similar to ours
    09-12-08 12:27 AM
    Best way is to download them via the internet. If you have an sd card installed there is a "ringtone" folder that you can put them in. If not the best way is to use the desktop manager and then enter into the media manager app the copy them into the rington folder.

Once you have them on your phone just select it, press the menu button and then "set as ringtone"

One other way is to open the profiles, then click on advanced. Once there press the menu button then edit. In here you can chane all the tones on the phone events such as email, sms, mms, ect

Hope that helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-08 12:31 AM
    i do not see anything that looks like sounds on this phone
    09-12-08 12:47 AM
    Just hit the ringtones tag at the top of the page.... Pretty simple from there. Save it to ur device and ur good to go!
    09-12-08 12:53 AM
    And the blackberry 101 is a must read! It'll explain most anything.
    09-12-08 12:58 AM
    There should be an icon that is a speaker. That icon opens your profiles so that you can change them

09-12-08 12:59 AM
    And check out the blackberry 101 they help tons on these basic things... Good luck on getting them changed

09-12-08 01:00 AM
    i the ringtone that I want but it is in my music file how do I make it in to a ringtone
    09-12-08 01:05 AM
    Highlight it hit the menu button then set as phone tune

09-12-08 01:14 AM
    Go into your Profiles... then Advanced... then select one and edit to your liking... or create a custom one!!

Kind of complex and different than a "dumbphone", but you will catch on.
    09-12-08 01:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD