so i was messin around on my friends bb and i entered her password wrong and when she entered her correct password it wouldnt accept it, now were tryin to find out why it wont accept her correct password. can anyone help
    05-11-09 09:24 PM
    That's why you have ten attempts before the device wipes itself. Are you guys sure you are keying in the right password?
    05-11-09 09:35 PM
    is the CAPS or Numbers on?
    05-11-09 09:37 PM
    Make sure your friend is entering it right.
    Example, if it has letters and numbers in it, make sure the alt/shift key wasnt pushed so in effect it would be putting letters instead of numbers. If you dont get it right by the tenth time its going to wipe all the personal data off the device.
    05-11-09 09:37 PM
    she was entering the password right. and after my 5th guess she entered the right one and still nothin
    05-11-09 10:55 PM
    so i was messin around on my friends bb and i entered her password wrong and when she entered her correct password it wouldnt accept it, now were tryin to find out why it wont accept her correct password. can anyone help
    Ouch...you're the reason why I don't let anyone eff with my phone; friend or not.
    Everyone thus far has offered suggestions. Is it possible that while you were messing around, you actually changed her password? cause if she has been entering it correctly and still nothing.....
    05-11-09 11:12 PM
    Try a battery pull to reset the BB, then reenter the password.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 11:17 PM
    Try a battery pull to reset the BB, then reenter the password.

Rider, this is a stretch. I don't ever remember a battery pull working to clear a password.
    05-11-09 11:37 PM
    Before you go any further, think about the password and how it
    was created. A common mistake people make is to enter an all
    or partially numeric password but not hold the ALT key for each
    number but just the first one
    This leads to the intended password 1234 actually being
    1ers
    05-11-09 11:42 PM
    Rider, this is a stretch. I don't ever remember a battery pull working to clear a password.
    I never said it would. It might "reset" the BB to accept the password like it should, though.

05-11-09 11:45 PM
    the password was entered CORRECTLY!!! dont know why the phone wouldnt take it
    05-11-09 11:54 PM
    Or plug it into a PC and try to unlock it through DM???
    (Will that unlock the phone too? Never tried)...

05-11-09 11:56 PM
    the password was entered CORRECTLY!!! dont know why the phone wouldnt take it
    I am pretty sure everyone understands that. Have you tried any of the other suggestions (battery pull, etc)?
    05-11-09 11:57 PM
    Well, if he does a battery pull and the password still doesn't get accepted, then it's very probable that the password your friend believes it is, isn't what she put in.

One letter/number makes all the difference.
    05-12-09 12:00 AM
    Or plug it into a PC and try to unlock it through DM???
    (Will that unlock the phone too? Never tried)...

This is a good suggestion. At a minimum, the OP should see if they can Backup the BB with DM. If they can, the BB wiping due to failed password attempts becomes less of an issue.

05-12-09 12:03 AM
    This is a good suggestion. At a minimum, the OP should see if they can Backup the BB with DM. If they can, the BB wiping due to failed password attempts becomes less of an issue.

I've never had this happen, but as I understand it, when a password protected BB is connected to DM, the password is still required to be entered from the desktop. The backup wont take place until the correct password has been entered.

Hopefully if it does wipe, a very recent backup exist. If I didn't have to take my mom to be admitted to the hospital tomorrow, I'd stay up late and try it myself just to see for sure.
    05-12-09 12:40 AM
    Yeah, you never know if DM will accept the password, even if the BB won't.

05-12-09 12:45 AM
    well i couldnt recover it so i just reinstalled os
    05-12-09 01:34 AM
    Yeah, you never know if DM will accept the password, even if the BB won't.

Yeah this was my thought... Bit late now but suggested it as I thought there'd be less chance of an error typing the password on a normal pc keyboard...
    Oh well. :-)

05-12-09 04:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD