i have an 8310 curve and my keys board was sticking alittle so i got a new one same exact phone. i did a backup of my old phone and when i try to restore it gives me an error saying there is an application missing and it will not let me restore. what can i do?
    07-11-08 12:14 PM
    Do you still have the old device? If so try using the Switch Device Wizard in Desktop Manager.
    07-11-08 12:16 PM
    how does that work
    07-11-08 01:08 PM
    Open DM, connect old device, run Switch Device Wizard,
    When it tells you too disconnect first BB and then connect
    the new one, follow the prompts
    07-11-08 01:18 PM
    Open DM, connect old device, run Switch Device Wizard,
    When it tells you too disconnect first BB and then connect
    the new one, follow the prompts
    Thanks AG was reading BGR thread. Didnt even realize he replied back.
    07-11-08 01:29 PM
    got it guys thanks, now if i can just get my apps back and some thems i had i will be doing great.
    07-11-08 01:33 PM
    You want to use Switch Device Wizard or whatever that DM function is called!

Follow the steps that AG detailed
    07-11-08 01:34 PM
    Whenever I have done that method it grabs everything. You should have everything set up exactly the same as on your old phone (Apps, Settings, Data) Should be like you never switched.
    07-11-08 01:35 PM
    yahoo go, and some themes i downloaded, i guess it woulnd't bet to bad to find them and reload them, i just didn't want to have to buy certain things again.
    07-11-08 01:56 PM
    You shouldn't have to re purchase anything just contact the vendor and tell them that you switched devices and they will set you back up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD